getting a new car, maybe!! title issue??

-

EL5DEMON340

Reaction score
May be purchasing a old car, guy got it from Texas in the early 2,000,s drove it for a year and then parked it, he never transferred the title in his name so its still a Texas title with someones other name on it. anyone know if ill have trouble transferring it? will it have back taxes on it? I'm in IL.

here in Colorado, as long as the signature on the back is signed by the owner printed on the front, there is never a problem. we have to pay any back registration fees though, which is BS

The taxes are only levied as sales tax here in Michigan, and would be assessed on the purchase price as written on the back! If there is no purchase price on the back, you better write one in or they blue book it, or request an appraisal! I find it easier to just write in the price!! That's the way it goes in the Mitten state!!

The taxes are only levied as sales tax here in Michigan, and would be assessed on the purchase price as written on the back! If there is no purchase price on the back, you better write one in or they blue book it, or request an appraisal! I find it easier to just write in the price!! That's the way it goes in the Mitten state!!
As long as its singed in the right places your good in il.

its different from state to state..

here in jersey as long as its signed in the proper location you are good. if its dated and you are past like 14 days there is a penalty if it isn't dated there are no extra charges..

Have him get it in his name first.

End thread right here..... Anything else is someone leading you down a road that potentially ends bad. His name on the title and no liens with his signature signed and dated. Otherwise the car is potential Coffee Cans IMO....

Good luck,
JW

I bought a 70 Dart out of Virginia some years back and the title to the car was not in the persons name that I actually got the car from. The title was signed and dated so when I took it to the DMV in Illinois I did not have any problems.

In Georgia, I would have a title in less than 5 minutes.

-
Back