Getting closer on my project, opinions or suggestions??

-

V8-valiant

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
well its back on the road again after 9 months of work. i did a complete front end rebuild with disk brakes, dual master cyl, 8 3/4, went from 3 on the tree to 4 on the floor and slant six to 360,
1974-360 .30 over
kb-107s 9.8.1
mopar m1 dual plane
lunatti bracket master 292 dur 480 lift
stock heads
3.55 gears
tell me what you think i would love to hear any comments and suggestions.

valiant 001.jpg

valiant 005.jpg

valiant 004.jpg

very cool. Nice to see you went with exhaust manifolds. Im a few years away from having my car on the road, and ive never even got to drive it. Must feel good to have yours back on the road. Nice

That combo sounds good. Good comp, for that cam and with that gear you might get into the
12's with some traction. I think you are on the right track. The only thing holding you back might be your stock exhaust manifolds.
What carb are you running?
Great looking car. Love those torque thrusts!

Looks great and should probably really surprise a few victims on the street.

Those look like early 273 manifolds?

Bob

its a 625 AVS we had laying around and its not enough for it. looking for a 700 double pump manuel secondaries holley i think its a 4778 is the part number.

Looks really nice with those wheels.
That little car should scream with that big 360 in it.

If it were my car, I would paint it sassy grass green with some really wicked black stripe scheme with a blacked out hood.

You've come up with a real sleeper. A lumpy cam in that would scare of a few contenders. Howard

Now that brings back memories, my first car was a '65 Signet. Mine was a /6 4 speed and a 7 1/4 suregrip. I could melt the 6.50 13" tires! In my teenage mind I was The Man.
Bob

Sweet!!!!!!!!! another member rocking an early valiant

V8 Valiant!!! You are the man here in my mind.
I have been so busy with myself and back problems
how did I miss this great car:colors:
I would cut off my left one to have a car just the way you have your's.
Check the # on the manifolds they could be 340.
I took a set of headman headers of my challenger and went with the same
manifolds and the car ran just as good.
Disk brakes, dual master cyl!! You have it going on man:glasses8:

What kind of ignition are you running?

My head is spinning just looking at your great Valiant!
I wish my 63 was built just the way you have your's!!
Then I would have not sold it.
Congratulations on a good build.
Here is mine I sold to help me get my cottage built.:sad8:

Get V8 juice co to sponsor your paint job and do a Hemi orange
and satin blacked out hood. Just thinking out loud.
You can paint the valiant any color and it will be great.

63 rear view resize.jpg

63g resized.jpg

stock rockers, stock points ignition. ya i know i should go electronic and maybe some roller rockers, it doesnt run like i thought it would maybe a 408 winter project? hmmm well see.

Other than a set of spendy headers, I'd say you have a pretty good combo right now. Headers can wait. Rethink the double pumper on the street.

Looks like you need to ouch up the primer in a few places where the paint is showing through. Personally I'd leave it in red oxide.

Get them point's out of there and throw some gas to it.:drinkers:
You may be surprised:thumblef:

Great looking car,sweet ride -- way to go man.
Love those wheels !
Enjoy & drive the wheels off that buggy.

Hello,
Great setup. It's similar to my current project. 1980 Volare, 360, Comp Cams XE262 cam, SpeedPro H116CP pistons, 596 heads topped off with a TQ carb and a 727 transmission with 2800 stall with 3.21 sure grip.
However, I'm caught in a dilemna. According to guys I've spoken to at swap meets, my intake manifold choice, an Edelbrock Performer, will not make the power I'm expecting. Having said that, I have available a stock cast iron 1970 340 intake manifold, and a Weiand 8007. I've been told the stock cast iron 340 intake manifold will outflow them all. Any opinion will help with these final steps to completing my project.

-
Back