Getting ready to buy the Borgeson box

-

hemichuck

Reaction score
I just installed My QA1 K member and lower control arms and I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a Borgeson steering box and wondered what advice I can get from you guys on where to buy, what all I will need to complete the install and any other observations. Going into a 1970 Dart 340 Swinger with a 408 and 4 speed. I plan on driving it a lot and thought I would like to have at least one car that don't drive like a boat. I've owned so many Mopars that I kind of have that steering drift programmed into my brain, when I drive my Corvette I drift all over the road.(before you start hating on the vette, it was a $2000 yard sale purchase so its cheap and fun to drive)

I ordered mine yesterday from Borgenson. Is your car ps or manual?

I am doing a KRC pump, bracket and reservoir. Gonna be spendy but hopefully worth it!

I really like mine, I used a CVR pump and Peter supplied 6an fitting with the box and I made my own lines. Now im in the process of going the 6.1 Hemi route and im going to adapt the same pump to that. I'm using a serpentine pulley from a 05 Dakota 4.7.

Attachments

• 100_0733.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 354
  • IMAG0054_zps3b40fb52.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 362
My car is a power steering car, actually had power steering, power disc brakes, air, am/fm radio, and a tuff wheel. Pretty optioned out for a Dart. I have a buddy that owns a speed shop and he priced me the box for $700 and the coupler for $125. What else do I need? Do you need to use the fast ratio idler and pitman arm like PST sells with this box?

I sell the box for 675. I'm the only one who makes the bolt on coupler as far as I know. The universal joint is good if you have an aftermarket column.

You won't regret it. I'm enjoying the Borgbox everyday in my '73 Dart.
I also have a bunch of other/older Mopars that have a bunch of steeringplay which become painfully obvious when taking them for a drive again.

I stumbled on a few missmatched items in my car but got it solved properly in the end. Made my own steering-adapter and had to install different steeringpump to get the Borgeson hose-kit to work nicely.
Peter can supply all the right parts the first time so the swap will mostlikely go smooth.

Yeah, that's what I want, Smooth. I PM'd him and we have a deal brewing. I cant wait to get this car done, I've had it 20 years and its been apart a majority of that time. I just want to cruise!

I just installed My QA1 K member and lower control arms and I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a Borgeson steering box and wondered what advice I can get from you guys on where to buy, what all I will need to complete the install and any other observations. Going into a 1970 Dart 340 Swinger with a 408 and 4 speed. I plan on driving it a lot and thought I would like to have at least one car that don't drive like a boat. I've owned so many Mopars that I kind of have that steering drift programmed into my brain, when I drive my Corvette I drift all over the road.(before you start hating on the vette, it was a $2000 yard sale purchase so its cheap and fun to drive)

isnt most "vette hate" geared towards the stereotype owners?

I hope so cause I'm too large to wear one of those silver jackets with corvette down the sleeves( I don't even think they make them in my size) I go out driving and I will see 300 vettes on a trip to the grocery so they are not that impressive to anyone.I will probably sell this one for double my money as soon as my Dart is done just so I can get it out of the garage.

-
Back