Getting ready to mount the scoop & paint

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
I am stopping by Carquest on the way to work tomorrow so they can use their Prophet (or whatever PPG calls it these days) color matching system to match my paint color. I have my used hood all prepped, ready to cut holes and mount the hood scoop. Sublime paint with black stripes and scoop. Can't wait! Hopefully I will have time and get it done by next week.

Thanks for the info. It used to be that you had to go to manufacturer-licensed paint stores to get name-brand car paint. I recently noted that O'Reilly sells Dupont car paint.

Thanks for the info. It used to be that you had to go to manufacturer-licensed paint stores to get name-brand car paint. I recently noted that O'Reilly sells Dupont car paint.

I shot the Dupont on my Triumph. It was very touchy to temperature and tended to orange peel if you weren't very careful. I wasn't real happy. PPG is much more forgiving. Found my color, I think. Y3 Curious Yellow. I had them mix me a spray bomb so I can see if it matches. If so it is going on in a basecoat / clearcoat.

Wow! Curious yellow. I love those "high impact" colors from the psychedelic days.

What car is the color going on?
I have a friend that has a '71 Demon in that color and it looks awesome.

What car is the color going on?
I have a friend that has a '71 Demon in that color and it looks awesome.

It's the color on my 73 Dart Sport. Unfortunately, I had a spray can made today so I could spray something see if it matched, but it doesn't. Too yellow. I need it to be greener. Maybe I'll just go satin black on the whole hood like I originally planned.

-
Back