Getting scam calls on cars long sold? Or posted online?

-

Johnny Mac

www.blueprintengines.com
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Has anyone found a fake listing for a car they long sold, re-listed YEARS later? By probably a scammer?

I got a text today about "my dart for sale"

I was confused, and said I wasnt sure where someone got the info, and the guy sent me a link.

Dodge Dart - used 440 dodge dart - Mitula Cars

This was just a parts car that I stored for probably 6 months and posted for a buddy. It did have my contact info attached to it, but
..this was probably 6 years ago??? I have never heard of this site. Says listed in Feb. Idk what type.of scam this is, but stay safe all...

Last year I saw a listing for a dodge demon not far away, I called the contact and they were confused, said they had sold it 4 years ago to someone in Ala. Told me they deleted the listing and couldn't understand how it was still showing. This was on Craigslist.

Yeah I googled the title of the listing and was able to find the picture of this car, with the same description I typed up 6 or so years ago, stating it was listed for sale in Feb 2019.

All weird for sale sites I hadn't even heard of.

Every now and then I get a call from my buddy about a car I listed for him about 5 years ago, and sold at the WPC swap meet. It always seems to be a foreign speaking person who is interested in it. Of course, my buddy loves to play along and drag the conversation on ad nauseum until the caller gives up!

I was emailed about a truck I was selling on Craigslist that I sold many years before.. Similar to what has happened to you. They sent me the link and I was like holy hell, how did they find that? Never heard from them after that.

-
Back