Getting to it too!!! 1967 Barracuda Coupe

-
Ken's made some nice progress with the Notch. After tracking down the sheet metal, Ken's been cutting away and patching.
trunk cutouts b.JPG

The rotted well is out and the new one is in!
new well 2b.JPG

new well b.JPG

Trunk extensions and quarter patches were next.
lh quarter.jpg

rh quarter b.JPG

Here's a pic of some old damage to the Notch. Mike said some dolly work will take care of that.
quarter damage b.JPG

More later...

Much has happened in the past few weeks - lot's of patching and dent pulling. Here are some the repairs:
pan patch b.JPG

door edge repair:
door edge b.JPG

trunk edge repair:
trunk edge repair b.JPG

trunk edge repair c.JPG

Trunk dent pull. Years ago, somebody gave the lid an extra slam!
trunk dent pull b.jpg

edge and dent fix b.jpg

I'll upload more pics soon.

Here are some shots of the driver's door repair:
driver door repair b.jpg

Swiss cheese is gone:
driver door cutout b.jpg

Opening patched:
driver door patched2b.jpg

I'll keep posting! :)

More progress the past week or so. Here are some shots of the Notch with high build epoxy. Mike says, "this is going to seal the whole body up and give us some material to block."
high build epoxy b1.jpg

high build epoxy b5.jpg

The trunk looks great! Since I'm staying with the original color of white, these pictures give me glimpses of how she's gonna look. We're still a ways from final paint! :-D
high build epoxy b2.jpg
Here's a shot of trunk extensions:
high build epoxy b3.jpg
Trunk underside:
high build epoxy b4.jpg

Mike's keeping me up-to-date with their progress and I'll loop you all in too! More soon...

Ken also had to do some repair on the upper fender. Mike covered the process nicely with this series of pictures. I'm always impressed with with Ken's work. When I was a kid, the only body work I got around was helping Dad pop rivet patches on our Valiant so it could pass Pennsylvania state inspection. All of this is a far cry from those days!
upper fender repair b1.JPG

upper fender repair b2.JPG

upper fender repair b3.JPG

upper fender repair b5.JPG

upper fender repair b4.JPG

Here's the fender on the Notch for fitment:
upper fender repair b6.JPG

In Mike's shop, he's able to powder coat. Here's a unique Mopar Christmas tree:
Powdercoat b1.JPG

These pieces are in the oven:
Powdercoat b2.JPG

This project is really cookin'! Sorry, I just can't help myself sometimes... ;-)

Mike has been busy blasting and powder coating. These look good in the pictures. They'll look even better once they're bolted on:
Powdercoat b3.JPG

Powdercoat 4b.JPG

Powdercoat b5.JPG

My brother, Kevin, has been making great progress with the differential rebuild. (Big shout-out Bro!) Here are some pictures he sent me. First, the carrier assembly:
carrier 1b.JPG

carrier 3b.JPG

carrier 4b.JPG

Kevin said he was happy with the gear pattern:
carrier 6b.JPG

carrier 5b.JPG

carrier 2b.JPG

Here it's bolted in:
carrier7b.JPG

carrier 8b.JPG

Kevin said he would put that in his car. That's a good endorsement in my book!

Ken and Mike have been working on fitment. Here are some shots of the fenders and gaps. Mike says, "we grind the gaps and reweld them to make them perfect." They mud and straighten out the body to make sure it's "perfect" (Mike's word.) Mike also said, "there'll be so little mud on that car, it's not funny. It looks like there's a lot of mud but there's not." That's good to know and there's nothing like even gaps!
fitment 1b.JPG

fitment 2b.JPG

fitment 3b.JPG

Here's a close-up of the gaps:
fitment 4b.JPG

Nice work, looks amazing, but I would leave the gaps how they are. Every additional weld creates, when not treated properly from inside a possible future rust spot.

Cheers,
Wolfgang

Kevin just about finished the rear end this weekend. We're staying with the 10 inch drums on the rear and will go with a disc brake set-up for the front. I thought you all might like to see the latest batch of photos he sent me. Nice eye on detail Kev!

final rear 1b.JPG

final rear 2b.JPG

final rear 3b.JPG

final rear 4b.JPG

final rear 5b.JPG

Kevin said I may need to look for a better looking pinion snubber...

final rear 6b.JPG

More later!

Now that the differential is finished, it's time to tear into the little 273. The odometer on the notch shows just a tad over 100,000 miles. The engine ran and actually sounded very good before teardown. As far as I can tell, the engine is unmolested and original. I took lots of pics for documentation.

PICT3643.JPG

PICT3648.JPG

PICT3671.JPG

PICT3652.JPG

Teardown was uneventful. No evidence of any internal issues. Valve covers and oil pan were pretty "gunky". As expected. the manifold crossover was completely carboned up. I'll need to load up the parts and take them to the shop for cleaning and machining. I think that the plan will be to build the engine close to Super Commando specs. Gary has the factory 4 barrel intake, AFB and linkage. I would like to keep compression to 9.5:1. We'll keep the mechanical lifters and probably go with an Isky E4 cam.

PICT3685.JPG

PICT3688.JPG

PICT3690.JPG

PICT3691.JPG

PICT3694.JPG

PICT3696.JPG

We would like to add the Accurate Super Commando exhaust system to this car. The rear valence exhaust opening will need to be modified. If anybody has a '67 with the factory exhaust system, I would appreciate any pics and measurements you could supply us.

Kevin just about finished the rear end this weekend. We're staying with the 10 inch drums on the rear and will go with a disc brake set-up for the front. I thought you all might like to see the latest batch of photos he sent me. Nice eye on detail Kev!

View attachment 1715587938
View attachment 1715587939
View attachment 1715587940
View attachment 1715587941
View attachment 1715587942
Kevin said I may need to look for a better looking pinion snubber...

View attachment 1715587951
More later!
I'm working on a 67 Dart GT. Was wandering if you could help me out? I can not find the rear brake drums, 10 inch bolt pattern. 5x4. I have found a place but they are $160 a piece??? Thanks for the help.

I'm working on a 67 Dart GT. Was wandering if you could help me out? I can not find the rear brake drums, 10 inch bolt pattern. 5x4. I have found a place but they are $160 a piece??? Thanks for the help.
Go to RockAuto.com They have a couple of choices for 10 in rear, $30 max. They should be SBP but check!!! !0 in rear SBP are pretty slim pickins.

Last edited:
I sent a PM to Randy about the drums. I bought mine at RockAuto part number
CENTRIC 12363044

-
Back