Giant squid filmed

-

magnumdust

Reaction score
For you fellow fans of creatures we know little about:

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/340798

Am i not the only one thinking people are crazy to go in a small submersible to witness such a crazy animal?

I mean, the humbolts are aggressive squids, and this is basically a humbolt on steroids.

i cant see the video but i aint getting in the water too many things that can eat you

Generally my feeling too, but i completely draw the line and going to look for a creature in a 10ft sub that fights sperm whales, is 5 times the size of the sub, has rings of sharp teeth on numerous suction cups with many tentacles and a large beak.

But, that said I'm glad there are people crazy enough to do it. Otherwise that squid would still be a mystery that we'd only understand from finding remains and opening up beached sperm whales.

Now only if they can find Godzilla?

That was the first expedition, but they gave up when we found Godzilla first and gave it a reality tv show

honey-boo-boo-june-284x212.jpg

Generally my feeling too, but i completely draw the line and going to look for a creature in a 10ft sub that fights sperm whales, is 5 times the size of the sub, has rings of sharp teeth on numerous suction cups with many tentacles and a large beak.

But, that said I'm glad there are people crazy enough to do it. Otherwise that squid would still be a mystery that we'd only understand from finding remains and opening up beached sperm whales.
no i will not even get in it up to my wast lol

Wow, thats crazy, that thing would crush that sub lol

Cool squid though :glasses7:

C'mon in Asa, the water is nice.........................:glasses7:

Attachments

• imagesCADR16A7.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 188
  • 1731_DET-3_jpg-500x0.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 189
  • Squid_Vs-Whale_Hi_Res.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 196
  • squid_attack.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 186
I seen some thing on tv bout them if some thing that big has hid this long from us what more is in there kind of creepy

well that's the thing, the deep sea is mostly unexplored. We're only seeing the things that come up the upper areas, are small enough to be captured by nets/lines, or have been caught by the few cameras sent to the deep.

Granted, we've known the giant squid existed for years, its just difficult to capture on film. I think for the massive creatures like that, they can't hide their existence because the corpses will eventually show up on land.

well that's the thing, the deep sea is mostly unexplored. We're only seeing the things that come up the upper areas, are small enough to be captured by nets/lines, or have been caught by the few cameras sent to the deep.

Granted, we've known the giant squid existed for years, its just difficult to capture on film. I think for the massive creatures like that, they can't hide their existence because the corpses will eventually show up on land.
I think there are some other big things we dont know bout

Oh i'd get on a boat if such an unlikely discovery occured....just nothing smaller than a cruise liner. lol

But, that said I'm glad there are people crazy enough to do it.

If the submarine was in good working order I would do it! and I would eat beans, salsa, and carbonated Dr. Pepper before we deployed to make it an infamous trip. I break the silence in "Silent Service."

:salute: :evil4:

For you fellow fans of creatures we know little about:

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/340798

Am i not the only one thinking people are crazy to go in a small submersible to witness such a crazy animal?.

They wouldn't go in to the water without a good idea of what they're doing. However, I wouldn't want to be in a submersible smaller than the a critter like that lol:prayer:

-
Back