Girdle and windage tray in the pan

-

Michael Siple

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hughes girdle, Milodon 32230 windage tray, Melling M72HV pump, Milodon 18343 pickup in a Milodon 31590 pan, with a 4" stroke & Scat 2-ICR6123-2124A rods.
10lbs of sh-t in a 5 lb bag.
girdle stroker windage tray 2.jpg
girdle stroker windage tray 3.jpg
girdle stroker windage tray 1.jpg

Any room left in there for, oh, I dunno- maybe some oil? :thumbsup:
Just wait until you try to thread a dipstick through all that!

I thought the girdle acted as a windage tray? Maybe only on the dyno and not in a moving vehicle...wonder how it would work with a crank scrapper.

Looks like you have the tray on upside down. I would have used directional screen that is used for windage trays, much easier to bend and cut.

Fellas I need correct cam plate bolts for this- all 4. Anyone ? I don't think there is 1 unbent, un-hammered on spot of that tray left, but it is on & rotates without interference.-Thanks-Mike

Fellas I need correct cam plate bolts for this- all 4. Anyone ? I don't think there is 1 unbent, un-hammered on spot of that tray left, but it is on & rotates without interference.-Thanks-Mike

Use whatever bolts you can find. That stupid bolt with the hole in it is USELESS. It does zero.

If you want more oil on the timing set (you should) then find a Holley air bleed (10-32 thread) and drill about a .040 hole in it. Then drill and tap a hole in the cam plate where it covers that passenger side oil gallery. Thread the bleed into the plate and bolt on the plate.

Now you will have full pressure oil on the timing chain at all times. None of that Mickey Mouse nonsense of bolts with holes, drip trays, slingers and junk.

If you can’t find a bleed, PM me your address and I’ll send you one already drilled. If you aren’t in a hurry you can send me your plate and I’ll drill it and tap it and put the bleed in it for you.

And you don’t have to install the soft plugs on those galleries. Leave them out. If fact, you have to leave the passenger side plug out for the bleed to get oil.

Use whatever bolts you can find. That stupid bolt with the hole in it is USELESS. It does zero.

If you want more oil on the timing set (you should) then find a Holley air bleed (10-32 thread) and drill about a .040 hole in it. Then drill and tap a hole in the cam plate where it covers that passenger side oil gallery. Thread the bleed into the plate and bolt on the plate.

Now you will have full pressure oil on the timing chain at all times. None of that Mickey Mouse nonsense of bolts with holes, drip trays, slingers and junk.

If you can’t find a bleed, PM me your address and I’ll send you one already drilled. If you aren’t in a hurry you can send me your plate and I’ll drill it and tap it and put the bleed in it for you.

And you don’t have to install the soft plugs on those galleries. Leave them out. If fact, you have to leave the passenger side plug out for the bleed to get oil.

Why not just drill the 0.040" hole in the plate itself?

Why not just drill the 0.040" hole in the plate itself?

Because it’s easy to break the tiny drill. You can do it. I just got in the habit of doing the Holley air bleed because I keep them here.

For sure you can just drill the plate. Just go easy and use cutting fluid.

Hey interesting build. Looks like you've done a bit of good mechanicing in your time. Just want to know. You've safety wired your cam plate, but the windage tray nuts with half thread penetration no big deal?

I mean if we're being anal might as well be consistent.

Screenshot_20220921-213137.png

Hey interesting build. Looks like you've done a bit of good mechanicing in your time. Just want to know. You've safety wired your cam plate, but the windage tray nuts with half thread penetration no big deal?

I mean if we're being anal might as well be consistent.

View attachment 1715989034
there isn't room enough for the nut to come off stud because of how close the pan is - studs had to be cut for pan to fit

-
Back