Give me a brake

-

Street Demon 71

Reaction score
I bought a 71 Demon last weekend it was an orginal 6 cyl car, it now has a 360 cu in it and a V8 K member with power disc brakes, also has a V8 8 3/4 rear with drums in it
When i put the brakes on the car stands on its nose it brakes straight but its like the fronts are working to good. And a few times its like the pedal wont release any ideas?????????
Thanks Ray

What kind of shape are the rubber brake hoses in? Sounds like the rear brake hose may be coming apart inside and acting like a reed valve. Fluid pressure can get in but it can't get out. Pump your brakes up and release the pedal while a buddy cracks a bleeder. If you find a squirter with the pedal released the brake hose that feeds that wheel is bad.

What kind of shape are the rubber brake hoses in? Sounds like the rear brake hose may be coming apart inside and acting like a reed valve. Fluid pressure can get in but it can't get out. Pump your brakes up and release the pedal while a buddy cracks a bleeder. If you find a squirter with the pedal released the brake hose that feeds that wheel is bad.

I will check that out. But with my buddies they will be the one pumping the brakes and I will be the one cracking the bleeder8).
Thanks Ill keep you updated.
Ray.

Checked the bleeders like you said today everything worked good.
A friend of mine said maybe what I needed was to put a adjustable perportional valve in line?.. To get more pressure to the rear and less to the front?.. It takes very little pressure on the pedal and the fronts hook up.The car didnt have power front disc brakes originaly someone had put them on two owners ago.
More ideas please....
Thanks Ray:burnout:

I had an old one ton 4wd do that once when I first bought it and long story short, the previous owner had worked on the entire brake system and the rod that goes from the brake pedal arm,into the master cylinder was not the correct length and was sticking,,,,,,,,,,,,not that this is it but just my experience

I think prodart340 hit the nail on the head,you can loosen the master cylinder bolts and put shims in between firewall and master cylinder as a temporary measure to test this theory,it sounds like the culprit Right on prodart!!!

I think prodart340 hit the nail on the head,you can loosen the master cylinder bolts and put shims in between firewall and master cylinder as a temporary measure to test this theory,it sounds like the culprit Right on prodart!!!

Do I put the shims between the master cylinder and the booster can? or the booster can and the firewall?
How thick of shims?
Thanks for the input and ideas guys thats what I like about this forum.
Ray

-
Back