Give me an education about this "PIRATE SHIP" method that has been discussed here.

-
I suppose that i could ask this question over on the Pirate Ship web site page, but i figured maybe i could ask on this site if anyone's done it.

Lets say that i want to purchase some heavy brake or suspension parts from a member on this forum, can i create a shipping label, pay for it, and have that guy UPS the package(s) to me, if i e mail, or regular mail the shipping tag to him?

Anyone here ever do anything like that?
Would save me, a buyer, a bunch of money, too, if i want to purchase something off this site.
Thank's for reading.
Jim V.
hemi71x
I've emailed shipping labels both ways with customers and sellers. Has worked fine for me.

Last edited:
I suppose that i could ask this question over on the Pirate Ship web site page, but i figured maybe i could ask on this site if anyone's done it.

Lets say that i want to purchase some heavy brake or suspension parts from a member on this forum, can i create a shipping label, pay for it, and have that guy UPS the package(s) to me, if i e mail, or regular mail the shipping tag to him?

Anyone here ever do anything like that?
Would save me, a buyer, a bunch of money, too, if i want to purchase something off this site.
Thank's for reading.
Jim V.
hemi71x
I just got a package 2 days ago from a member like 2500 miles away. I used Pirate Ship for my first time on this. I chose to go with UPS and saved about 50%.
I signed up, selected dimensions that the other member had already taken and overestimated on the weight to be sure. Then input credit card, get shipping label in a .pdf. I then emailed it to the member and he dropped the package off at a UPS drop point inside a pharmacy.
Awesome experience. I found a very rare Duster Space Package teillight cover on Ebay out of Penn. but the sale was local pick up only. I searched the name of his town on FABO. I found a very nice member that was near to help me out.
My local shipping store guy is a Mopar guy so I always like going there but Pirate Ship stole my business.

This service works fine.
Measure and weigh correctly.

No ability that I know of to send FedEx, just usps and UPS.

I shipped a transmission in a crate to colorado. Worked fine.

A couple people mentioned with Pirate Ship you pay small fee as well the shipping charge. Is this true? If so, is it a flat fee or a percentage?

Thinking about trying Pirate Ship for the first time.

Thanks.

A couple people mentioned with Pirate Ship you pay small fee as well the shipping charge. Is this true? If so, is it a flat fee or a percentage?

Thinking about trying Pirate Ship for the first time.

Thanks.

Not that I know of, but I've never read the fine print ... because there really isn't any to read.
Just surf their website for a few minutes and take a tour of the ship. I don't think it even has a gangplank.
:steering:
All I know is that they've saved my guys an awful lot of money already and I wish I'd found them a lonnnnng time ago. Every time this thread bumps more and more are opening accounts!

Not that I know of, but I've never read the fine print ... because there really isn't any to read.
Just surf their website for a few minutes and take a tour of the ship. I don't think it even has a gangplank.
:steering:
All I know is that they've saved my guys an awful lot of money already and I wish I'd found them a lonnnnng time ago. Every time this thread bumps more and more are opening accounts!
Excellent. Thanks for the answer. I appreciate it.

I sent a link to this thread to the pirate crew.
How cool is this??? Ten bucks in booty for telling them how awesome they are!?!

Screenshot_20240122-190851.png

Wow, I'm glad i started this thread asking my questions.
Good seeing it getting the response that it has.
Jim V.
hemi71x

NO!!!
You can insure it for any amount you wish (I've gone up to $2200). You just need to specify how much insurance coverage you want and pay the nominal extra amount.
UPS includes $100 in insurance with every shipment; last I knew, the USPS only includes $50 with Priority Mail.
Look under Extra Services and check the box. There you can fill in the amount you wish.
CudaChick1968
I want to Pirate Ship some items worth $900.00, and want to insure the package for that amount, and also a signature delivery, when the UPS driver gets to the buyers house, and rings the door bell.
Where the heck on the Pirate Ship web page, do you find this "EXTRA SERVICES" feature that you are talking about?
I wan't to calculate a total shipping quote, to give to my buyer.
Thank's a lot.

EDIT.
Disregard.
I found it.
You have to click onto the page like you are going to print out the actual shipping address to create the shipping label.
I think they need to improve on that, on their web page, for just calculating an accurate shipping quote.

Last edited:
I recently tried it out on a small box going half way across the country. They used UPS to get it to the local post office and then USPS for home delivery. Worked like a charm and was much less than I expected to pay.

-
Back