Glass

-

Ozyduster

Reaction score
This will be an odd question but is any of the Duster glass stamped with the American national standard? The reason i ask is as i am registering my car in Australia all my glass must be stamped, however none of my glass is.
Just wondering if its just my car or are all Dusters like this. If someone has stamps on their glass can they add pics so i can see if i can find the same.

If i go aftermarket any particular brands better than others for the side glass and rear side windows
Thankyou

Last edited:
IIRC, the factory glass has the pentastar logo and/or the DCPD logo etched into the center bottom of the glass along with ASI, laminated, a date code, and sometimes other info. Aftermarket glass would depend on the manufacturer. Sometimes that etching is very faint and hard to read or photograph.

I
IIRC, the factory glass has the pentastar logo and/or the DCPD logo etched into the center bottom of the glass along with ASI, laminated, a date code, and sometimes other info. Aftermarket glass would depend on the manufacturer. Sometimes that etching is very faint and hard to read or photograph.
Is that all the glass or just the windscreen? Do you have a pic of what it looks like?

All the factory glass has something etched on it. A logo for sure, and tinted if it is. I'll try to photograph one of my earlier "windscreens " for you tomorrow.

Found them on the quarter windows but dont look to have any on the passenger and drivers side window annoyingly (Guessing new glass).
front window is laminated glass so guessing after market and rear has no stamp either.

IMG_1853.JPG

The etching is usually on the rear lower corner on the door glass.

Thanks mate, ill have a good look, as about to get the car painted as body work completed and dont want any delays if i have to ship big items etc
The etching is usually on the rear lower corner on the door glass.

I have all the factory glass for a 73 Duster & all but the windshield for a 74. I can get pictures & location later today if you'd like.

I have all the factory glass for a 73 Duster & all but the windshield for a 74. I can get pictures & location later today if you'd like.
That would be great as potentially faded and just not looking hard enough

-
Back