Glen-Ray Radiators - Just Awesome!

-

Bookmaker

Reaction score
As mentioned in this thread, the solder on the radiator in my survivor Duster had deteriorated from age. Following advice from folks here, I sent the radiator to Bob Shirmer at Glen-Ray Radiators in Wausau, WI. What fantastic advice that was!

Bob is almost a savant with his knowledge of Chrysler radiators. The photos below show what I received back. It's like a brand new part. They even included period-correct hose clamps, shroud bolts, and a ribbed overflow tube. On top of that, they won't even charge me until I have the radiator back and I'm completely satisfied. Who does that! Just amazing.

These guys are so above and beyond that I wanted to share the experience.

I've also replaced the water pump and I'm about to replace the heater core just for an ounce of prevention. There is no wear on this car, but some things do deteriorate with age. Next I will rebuild all of the braking components.

Attachments

• radiator.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 489
  • inside.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 413
  • goodies.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 448
Yes. Definitely top notch guys. They are usually at all the Mopar Shows. They did a fantastic job on an 033 radiator for my GTS and a 954 for my Cuda

I second that. Bob, Brian and the boys do a great job with Mopar radiators. They are Mopar guys themselves. Glad you had a good experience.

Good to see there are some true tradesmen left around..

They are the guys to go to for top notch Mopar radiator restorations. Sounds like they're customer service is the same!

Was the price just to repair it or did you have a better core put in it? Thanks.

They disassembled the radiator, cleaned it, rodded it, reassembled/resoldered it, and repainted it. New drain valve and transmission cooler fittings. It did not need a new core. That would cost more.

boy times have changed... people that do this are hard to find... in SOCAL i used a radiator shop that used to do what you had done for 80 bucks back in the 90s... with the advent of the disposable radiator... this vocation is becoming NIL. good to see people are still around that can service the old radiators...

boy times have changed... people that do this are hard to find... in SOCAL i used a radiator shop that used to do what you had done for 80 bucks back in the 90s... with the advent of the disposable radiator... this vocation is becoming NIL. good to see people are still around that can service the old radiators...
Yep, too bad that our local rad shop guy passed away, he was right next door to the OP, would of charged 60-80 for a rod out, then a can of eastwoods radiator black would of had the same results for 100 or less, and not have to ship it across the country.
Looks good though bookmaker..

-
Back