Glove box light? (Barracuda)

-

carpart67

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a 67 Barracuda would have come equipped with a glove box light? I think my glove box and door may be out of another year Barracuda. My glove box currently has a light, but I can't find one anywhere in the wiring schematic. I'm trying to clean up some of the previous owners electrical work, and I'm just wondering if the glove box light was originally there. Thanks.

My 2 67's don't have a light but the 69 fish does. It may have been an option that year and I don't have it. You can always install one and run a hot wire to it.

Some had glove box and trunk lamps. Some didn't.

Thanks for the info guys. I know that any hot feed will work to power it, but anyone know where in the harness it would have originally drawn it's power? I can't find any wiring schematics that depict the dash bulb.

My 67 dart has one. There should be a plug in on the wiring somewhere past the ash tray.

You may find the info under "accessories" in the manual as the light is a option. I think it plugs into the door courtesy lights circuit.

:glasses7:

Attachments

• 67BarracudaA.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 67BarracudaB.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 76
Yeah it was tied into the dome light circuit ( yellow wires) but... it can be a battery killer . If its connected to the park lamp circuit it will be off unless the park lamps are on. Just an alternative.

Thanks for the info, and for the diagram. At this point I'm not sure I'll even hook it up. It's not really an essential and it's one more thing to complicate an already overcomplicated system.

-
Back