glove box

-

'Bout Time!!

Reaction score
Cananyone tell me if the glove boxe doors are the same from a 70-71 duster to a 73-74? I found one reasonable but I want to be sure first. Thanks!

'70 - '72 are plain steel (so is the '67 - 69 A-Bodies), In '73 they added a Woodgrain "Bezel"/Plate to the door to match the Instrument Cluster and Radio/Climate Control Bezel/Plate.

They bolt up the same and interchange, but the pre-73 models lack the bezel.

This is a '73 Glovebox Door, Radio Bezel and Instrument Cluster (My dad's '73 340 Duster)

S5000774.jpg

This is a '71 Glovebox Door (with Key Lock), and '67 Cuda "Rallye" Instrument Cluster (My '74 Duster)

S5000468-1.jpg

Notice the '71 Door doesn't have the woodgrain bezel.

Yeah my 74 has the woodgrain, and I was looking to go to bare metal. I was just making sure the bolt uop the same. Is that an e body console in your dads car? I also keep seeing cd players in alot of cars, how did you support it inside the dash?

Yeah my dad has an E-Body console with a Slapstik Shifter in his car, he did that in the 80's (he's had the car since 1976)

I believe he modified a carrier/bucket from a radio installation kit to bolt to the inside of the dash frame near the ash tray.

the door hindge changed at some point but I dont know when so ...

-
Back