GM mstr cyln

-

Dizzydean

Reaction score
One of our members here is selling this new style gm master with the prop valve. Looks like its a one piece unit. Has anyone tried this type and if so how much work was involved. He has offered to get and include an adaptor plate at cost. Ive just finished my front end rebuild/disc brake swap on my 67 dart and this is the last thing. Any help is appreciated.
I have a brand new GM STYLE Master cyl and proportioning valve combination used for when converting from drum to disk brakes never even had any fluid in it went a different route with the master cyl paid over $200.00 would like to get $175.00 for it plus shipping and 4% paypal located in Kenosha Wisconsin.

View attachment 1714946358

View attachment 1714946359

View attachment 1714946272

View attachment 1714946273

Ya hes right about dr diff but so you know its 95 bucks then the master cylinder and the porp valve is another 85 bucks plus shipping

ummm.. its $95 for the master cyl and adapter plate.. then$85 for the prop valve unless ya find one used cheaper. should be easy to find a cheaper used one.. either way atleast you now have the proper parts for the car instead of gm stuff modified to fit.

the one another member is selling is $175 + 4% + shipping...

Last edited:
well look at that.. now i understand.. you are the one selling that thing.. down to $100+4% + shipping i see... i'd still buy the proper ones..

Sorry its taken a while. Are there any brake line mods to do for this And is there an article for the swap. Thanks for your patience. Dean

yes to run that gm master cyl you'll have to modify the hell out of your brake lines.. they connect in a totally different location... and who knows about the master cyl fittings..

if go with the prop valve and master i posted them there is no need to modify your existing brake lines as long as ya get them apart in one piece...

You don't have to modify the hell outa the lines one T for the fronts and a union to add a line to the rear to hook up and done

You don't have to modify the hell outa the lines one T for the fronts and a union to add a line to the rear to hook up and done
thats a half assed way of doing it in my opinion.. may as well buy the proper parts and do it right the first time..

plus if i remember correctly the prop valve uses odd ball size threads.. so you need to use adapters to go from off the shelf brake line tee to the prop valve threads (more potential leaks) or you'll have to cut the ends off the old lines and double flare the new fittings that fit in the new tee on the old brake line. not all that difficult to do but why bother when you can just get the right stuff and not have to bother with all that.

still gonna need to adapters or fittings to use at the stock lined and the new tee you want to install on the stock line where the factory valve is..

bottom line is the OP is better off buying the proper parts for his car then adapting that thing to his in my opinion..

-
Back