Go Wing 73 Dodge Dart Sport

-

wwwfora

Reaction score
A lot of topics have been brought up regarding the go wing on a lot of different mopar models. My specific questions is has anybody installed this on a early years 73 dodge dart (the round mopar not the square :) Some sites mention the go wing and additional hardware needed for the under footing, and others mention a template that you have to cut the sheet metal. I don't see why you couldn't fabricate a curved footing to contour the trunk hood and mount it without cutting. Has anybody been successful or can mention a specific wing and hardware required. I don't like the way the brackets look after you cut into the metal...big empty hallow spaces look ugly if you ask me.

Thanks in advance.

I put one on my '73 Dart Sport. I'll try to remember to take some pics tomorrow and post them for you.
Dallas

Here's some pics of mine. I used the wing kit from First Place Auto Products. After you install the braces, the holes you cut aren't that noticable to me but they may look bad to you. I took some pics at an angle to show the gaps but they aren't too noticable when you look at it straight on. If I do any more work to it I will paint the inside of the cutouts black so you don't see the rusty undersurface through the spaces. The surface rust really looks red in the pics since I used a flash.
Dallas

Attachments

• IMG_5806 (Small).JPG
    59 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_5801 (Small).JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_5802 (Small).JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_5804 (Small).JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_5805 (Small).JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_5800 (Small).JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 316
Mobodyman,

Thanks so much I really appreciate the time you took to take the pictures and post, they are an invaluable resource for me! I hope this helps others too! I'm going to try my modified bracket idea, because I'm stubborn, and I like a challenge. I'll post back here with picts when I'm finished. The pictures are really going to help me with alignment.

Thanks again!

-
Back