Go Wing or No wing on a 72 Demon 340

-

Mr.FT

Reaction score
I'm going back and forth on whether or not to add a go wing to my 72 Demon 340. She is B3 blue, black stripes and a Dual snorkel hood scoop. Is there a code on the fendertag that would tell me if the car had one? Any opinions to wing or not to wing That is the question!

Thanks

No spoilers in 1972.

The code in prior years was J81

i didn't like them on Demons for a long time but then they kinda grew on me and now i like them, BUT , i am obviously bias
FirstDayHome21.jpg

My opinion is they don't look right on the '72 and later trunk lids with that rib down the center.

John

I have heard that 72 go wing trunk lids are very rare - maybe cause they did not make them. If your trunk lid is for a go wing it will have rectangular cutouts on the underside and a hole near the cutout. My 71 lid has those holes and if a good go wing happened to come up it may go on.

I have heard that 72 go wing trunk lids are very rare - maybe cause they did not make them. If your trunk lid is for a go wing it will have rectangular cutouts on the underside and a hole near the cutout. My 71 lid has those holes and if a good go wing happened to come up it may go on.

the code is j81 for spoilers the 71/72 had the ribs and they are alot more ofthem with cut outs 70 is the rare one to find and cost about double what i seen

totally your decision

but I like the go wing

Attachments

• demon06.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 995
I like them ....I just never could get myself to put one on,,, because I guess I'm used to mine without it .......

Attachments

• MMW 2011 260.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 649
I'm not a fan of the gull wing/ go wing on dusters/ demons. I hate how the gull wing almost hangs off the back end of the car. Chrysler mounted them to far to the rear of the trunk lid on these cars. I don't mind them on cuda's and challenger's though. I'm glad my duster never had a wing, and if it did I would have left it off during the restoration. Besides, if I want too see a wing, I just go out to the shop and look at my superbird !

Don't like them on most

My 2 cents

Had a go wing for a challenger that I took off a car for my Cuda or challenger, after getting it and bringing back from Hawaii, sold it

Not sure, but I don't think the '72 had the option. Might be wrong, but I don't care for the look anyway.

I thought 72 was only dealer installed, and the Gull wing was only used on the B body.

I'm a wing guy, I like the 71 gull wing better then the go wing, but I like wings!

How about a ducktail Direct Connection Style Spoiler

Impossible to find and look really good on a Duster, Demon & Dart Sport. My '74 Duster(now a '71 clone) has/had one on it but it's split in multiple places because a kid climbed all over the back of the car years ago.

If I could figure out how to fix it permanently, I'd put it on the car again. But I tried plastic welding it, tried fiberglassing it, every time it didn't last and the cracks emerged again.

S5001041.jpg

SANY0103.jpg

the main reason i like them id because they help bring the right ratio of colour to the car
if you hood (or just the snorkel) is black i think the black go wing would look good
if not, the wing would still look good but i would prefer it in blue, like the rest of the car

-
Back