God bless..

-
Nope, for the son but not the others.
KARMA! How many millions wasted???
Not a "regulated" piece of equipment....and no escape hatch...bolted from the outside...

I don't wish death on anyone, but they took the risk. Which was a great risk. I just hope it was quick for them and painless.

I read a while ago what an expert on the pressures of that depth said. He said it would happen and be over in milliseconds, and the victims would have never even knew what happened. It's sad for their families. :(

better it imploded as it did then they have to suffer and slowly die over days.

seems a lot of short cuts were taken with that thing.

Sure, its sad, but at the same time this was a clear case of "play stupid games win stupid prizes"

Look up the guy who developed this thing, and the choices he made, both in constructing it, steering it and who helped design it and you will find it was just a bad idea to get into this can

It reminds me of the scene in the Nikki Lauda movie where he talks about acceptable risk

This vessel simply exceeded that risk

The only guilty person on that sub was the captain. Everyone else just paid the price of the ticket. Blaming the passengers on the sub is the same as blaming the passengers on the Titanic for the sinking of the ship, simply because they were on board.,

Their fate was sealed the moment they left, sad but true.
RIP

Id have to be on a Suicide Mission to even be bolted inside. "So you're going to bolt me in this plastic and fiberglass thing and send me 2.7 mi underneath the water?"

Last edited:
From what I have read about the thing, it sounds like it was made out of parts from Pick-n-Pull, Game Stop, Hajoca and Tractor Supply. The guy that backed out and got his deposit back changed his mind because he felt it was unsafe. He made a good call. The ones who died, did so before they even had a chance for fear to register or feel any pain according to experts.

From what I have read about the thing, it sounds like it was made out of parts from Pick-n-Pull, Game Stop, Hajoca and Tractor Supply. The guy that backed out and got his deposit back changed his mind because he felt it was unsafe. He made a good call. The ones who died, did so before they even had a chance for fear to register or feel any pain according to experts.
Sad set of circumstances but true.

Will be interesting into see if the waivers mean anything with the coming lawsuits. There’s plenty of evidence of short cuts in terms of safety.

Sad set of circumstances but true.

Will be interesting into see if the waivers mean anything with the coming lawsuits. There’s plenty of evidence of short cuts in terms of safety.
Hell for all we know the CEO already embezzled everything. Kinda hard to sue a corpse (a non existent one at that)

Hell for all we know the CEO already embezzled everything. Kinda hard to sue a corpse (a non existent one at that)
No but there’s other parties besides just him. For example: the company that owns the rights to the titanic wreck site and for a fee, authorizes the dives.

IMO, the Titanic wreck should be off limits if for no other reason than respect for the dead.

I admit I have a huge curiosity about the Titanic. I find myself looking at pictures and video a good bit sometimes. It's just one of those things that kinda grabs you and pulls you in. The enormity of it all. It was a huge ship to begin with and the ocean just swallowed it right up. If that's not enough reason to stay the hell away, I don't know what is.

I admit I have a huge curiosity about the Titanic. I find myself looking at pictures and video a good bit sometimes. It's just one of those things that kinda grabs you and pulls you in. The enormity of it all. It was a huge ship to begin with and the ocean just swallowed it right up. If that's not enough reason to stay the hell away, I don't know what is.
100% agree with all of that, there's some kind of fascination for me, but ain't no way in hell I'd want to go visit it, not for any amount of $$.

Nope, for the son but not the others.
KARMA! How many millions wasted???
Not a "regulated" piece of equipment....and no escape hatch...bolted from the outside...
Millions of dollars were wasted, just like NASA. I can understand sending satellite's in space but the rest is a waste. There's a reason why those planets are not livable.

Sure, its sad, but at the same time this was a clear case of "play stupid games win stupid prizes"

Look up the guy who developed this thing, and the choices he made, both in constructing it, steering it and who helped design it and you will find it was just a bad idea to get into this can

It reminds me of the scene in the Nikki Lauda movie where he talks about acceptable risk

This vessel simply exceeded that risk

Rush. One of my favorite movies.

-
Back