Goin V-8

-
If it is an 8 1/4 and it is 320ish it would be a 3.21, an 8 1/4 will be fine for a low to mid 13's car. According to your rules you can't go any faster than 13 flat but you can go as slow as you want. Even if the car runs in the 15 sec range you will still have fun. My first car ran 15.2's all day long and I had a great time. The key is to be consistent. It can be easier to be consistent with a slower car than a faster car because of possible traction problems with higher HP cars.

Chuck

Good to hear 340 mopar

Dusterboy - I am not sure if those heads would work for me without extensive machine work?

Any carb reccomendations? What carb is least fussy about large temp. Swings Where I live the temprature can really fluctuate throughout the day (Calgary AB, Canada).

With a 600 CFM Carb, what kind of #'s an I expect with the Comp XE262H ?

Robb

your using a 318? if so no machine work is needed they are 318 heads and well help compression and you can use all the stuff off your current 318 heads

What would be an economical piston that would increase compression? I don't really want to run more than 89 octane, is this feasible with an increased comression ratio?

ummm i think the kbs not sure ook 360 i mean you can run the 318 head but it wont breath as much then you would have to port the heads to match the 360s so nvm

The Keith Black KB107 is about the least expensive true high performance piston you can purchase, they run around $200 for a set. But, they are quite a bit lighter than a stock piston so you will need to balance the rotating assembly which will run you another $200-250. Now with that much invested you should consider boring the engine so you have nice straight cylinders.

It can get expensive real fast. IMHO, either stick with the re-ring and gasket job or wait to you can afford a proper overhaul with all the parts needed to meet your ultimate goal.

He makes good sense. Just swap on the 4bbl. and cam it with what he recomended. You'll be fine. It is also easier to slow a car down than speed it up with any given part set up. Should you run 12.5, it is easy to slow it down by.5 or better with just a distributor twist.

Any guesses on what the ET of a stock full trim 66 cuda, with a 904 trans 75 360 4 bbl and the above mentioned cam, with 321 geared 8.25 rear?

was your car an /6-904 car??

ifso i dont have to bring the driveshaft,there the same

friday night,i'll be leaving coaldale at 6..
we'll be dropping off my brother inlaw in calgary..as soon i know the adres i'll let you know

I live just off Mcleod trail on the south end of town, so it should be really easy for us to hook up. My Cell # is 585-7643

-
Back