Going on a shooting spree......

-

Demon_Jeff_71

Banned
Reaction score
Okay so I am sure there are lots of other people that keep a routine check on Craigslist to keep an eye out for the super deal or get that car you have been wanting. So I have been checking the updates in my area for months trying to find a 1969 Valiant or some parts for my Demon. So last night I got on in the first time for about two weeks because I had given up on trying to find anything usefull after so many months upon months of trying to find anything and coming up empty handed. And lo and behold there is a blue 1969 Valiant that a guy says he is going to try and sell and if he gets no offers then he will just scrap it. So what happens is I get all excited and then I go and call the guy to find out it is sold...... How many other people have had this problem? Oh and to add too it around the begining of January there is a drum to drum A body 8.75 with a 3.55 posi for 400 for sale and I missed out on that too for just about the same reason. Lets hear everyones almosts and should haves cause I am sure there are plenty of them. Oh and if there is someone out there that bought that Valiant and is interested in selling it then let me know cause I would be interested in buying it.

Thanks
Jeff:angry7:

I don't know, there have been more deals here on FABO in the past month than I have seen in a long time.
Are you sure you are not giving up too fast?

Have you looked at Craigslist in other states?

I keep an eye on about every west coast craigslist. I guess I was venting some anger. I am still looking for a project 69 Valiant with little to no rust. I am willing to do body work and everything I just would prefer to not deal with rust repairs. I am open to about anything that is somewhat close to me know though.

Jeff

My friend, who's a huge classic custom van freak, and I were looking for a nice pre '90's Dodge conversion van in Colorado. One day we found what seemed like the perfect one, an '84 B150 shortbox in great condition at a super price ($700 if I remember correctly). We even spent the latter half of a Saturday driving up to Denver to check it out and test-drive it. The owner was even an awesome guy and took great care of it; everything about it seemed perfect. That night, my friend talked to his dad and worked out a deal with him to pay for the van. But, of course, the next day I got a call from the seller saying that another guy had come up that morning and bought the van on the spot. My friend and I were both kinda ticked, but after a while we figured that it wasn't meant to be and just forgot about it.

The was a real nice 68 barracuda fast back black on black. Bucket seats console 318 car on criagslist he only wanted $4800. Sold first day to bad i didnt have money :(

Ive actually gotten quite a few things off craigslist including my duster for $4200 and a race built never ran 904 for $300

The was a real nice 68 barracuda fast back black on black. Bucket seats console 318 car on criagslist he only wanted $4800. Sold first day to bad i didnt have money :(

Ive actually gotten quite a few things off craigslist including my duster for $4200 and a race built never ran 904 for $300

that sounds like the car that was a scam on there

I keep an eye on about every west coast craigslist. I guess I was venting some anger. I am still looking for a project 69 Valiant with little to no rust. I am willing to do body work and everything I just would prefer to not deal with rust repairs. I am open to about anything that is somewhat close to me know though.

Jeff

Sorry to hear that Valiant got away from you. They are cool little cars for sure.

I keep looking on my local CL for Valiants or parts with no luck. If I do find something, my story will probably be the same as yours.

I've been in the same boat a bunch of times, missed out on a '76 Dodge Colt back in the summer and I called within 10 minutes of it being listed. There are just too many people who watch it regiously to ever get anything good.

I don't even check it anymore, waste of time.

I lost out on two builder 4.0 liter engines for my Jeep. One was $30 another was a $100.

On the other hand, I did pick up two really nice fenders for my Duster for $40 for the pair last year. I got my Duster from craigslist too. I'm just waiting for someone who wants to sell a AAR fiberglass 6 pack hood for $200, lol.

What is your budget for the Valiant?

I know of a 69 with 340/ TCI 727 / 8.75 with 3.55 and a Lock Rite. Car plumbed with fuel cell, Sniper nitrous system (never filled) SB cragars, etc.

Solid, rust free car, with "presentable" recent paint, even has the original 3 speed pedals.

PM me if interested.

I was always a day late on deals, but my luck changed in a strange way. I bought a couple interior pieces from a guy on the west coast ( im in the midwest), through a couple emails of payment and shipping notifications is where it all started. I told what i was interested in and needed and that if he ran across anything would he contact me first before listing them on ebay. A little risky at first, but after a few transactions now its worked out great.

There was a deal a while ago in the bay area.. it was a 65 dart GT with black interior.. EXACTLY my car. The guy tried to fix it up and gave up. The exterior was destroyed but as he said in the ad, “the interior looks as if no one has ever sat in it”. I call just to find out I called RIGHT after some other guy. He ended up getting the car… for $350!! And it had good candy canes, good tail lamps, bumpers, mirrors, and of course the perfect interior.. I saw a total GOLD MINE there. Of course I was going to just swap that interior with mine (need to recover my seats and if his dash was nicer, id snag that too) and sell my used parts.. but the plan was to gut it and offer up parts here for free (because you guys have rocked my world for years now) and whatever didn’t sell, to ebay it would go.

What’s nice though is the guy who bought it plans on fixing it up and making it cherry. When I heard that, I was okay with missing out.. I’d much rather another 65 dart GT on the road than me taking one off..

But yes.. craigslist can be a pain and a blessing.. sometimes at the same time!!!!

I just found my 360 roller cam LA engine on there last week. As soon as I saw it I emailed the guy, then decided what the heck & called him. Done deal in less than 5 minutes. I'm going to pick it up on Saturday.

Hey Ramcharger, I know where you could probably get a 4.0 rebuilder for nothing but you'd have to drive almost 600 miles each way. Kinda' defeats the purpose.

Hey Ramcharger, I know where you could probably get a 4.0 rebuilder for nothing but you'd have to drive almost 600 miles each way. Kinda' defeats the purpose.

Thanks for the thought '64. :) 2 days drive and fuel, plus I'd have to board the hounds.

-
Back