Going Racing Tomorrow for Wally

-

wheelsup73

Reaction score
We are taking Lisa's Dart to Sacramento Raceway tomorrow to pull a few rear wheel 60s,turn on some win lights and try to add another Wally to the trophy case. Gates open at 8:00 Sunday morn.

73wheelstander.jpg

tear em up lisa! are you guys taking the ventura too?hope somone shoots some vid. good luck you guys

?

We are taking Lisa's Dart to Sacramento Raceway tomorrow to pull a few rear wheel 60s,turn on some win lights and try to add another Wally to the trophy case. Gates open at 8:00 Sunday morn.

73wheelstander.jpg

So Steve, how did that whole Sacramento experiance play out for you? I had heard some stories but it was all 2nd and third hand info. What I did hear didn't sound so good.

We got there, warmed the car and waited to be called to the lanes.10 minutes later we were called to the lanes. We went to lane 1 and got in line,they ran 2 cars and discovered that the time slips won't print so they shut us down. 1 1/2 hours later they decide to hand write all the time slips so you get a reaction time a 60 foot and a finishline ET and MPH. They run a few cars and discovered oil on the track that was put there from the grudge race the night before.So we are down another hour or so for the cleanup, They still had not got all the oil off the track so we decided to pack up and leave.:banghead:. Sacramento Raceway has not changed 1 bit and it will be a long time before we go back there to race.

well thats messed up!a waste of money .sorry to hear i figured you would be packin a trophy home...

We got there, warmed the car and waited to be called to the lanes.10 minutes later we were called to the lanes. We went to lane 1 and got in line,they ran 2 cars and discovered that the time slips won't print so they shut us down. 1 1/2 hours later they decide to hand write all the time slips so you get a reaction time a 60 foot and a finishline ET and MPH. They run a few cars and discovered oil on the track that was put there from the grudge race the night before.So we are down another hour or so for the cleanup, They still had not got all the oil off the track so we decided to pack up and leave.:banghead:. Sacramento Raceway has not changed 1 bit and it will be a long time before we go back there to race.

Yep, that's kind of what I heard. Bummer dude. I haven't raced there in about 10 years. Everytime I feel the inkling to go back there another bad story gets told. You racin at Sonoma in November?

your track sounds like ours here,gateway,there oild downs are a hour long no matter what,and theres allways problems that drag it out,that why i race at small area tracks,they run a good proram and take care of there racers

Well you know that saying" once you race Sac you will never go back" :finga:
We are spoiled to live 14 minutes away from Sonoma Raceway and to have a great drag racing program there. Yes Jim, we will be out racing on Nov 25th. Here are a few trophys we won bracket racing over the years.

DSCN0276.jpg

DSCN0275.jpg

-
Back