Going rate for 70-71 Duster/Scamp fenders?

-

VSTwister

Reaction score
I've found a pair of original front fenders for sale, somewhat close to me. They appear to be really clean and straight and the seller says they've been in storage for 20 years. I've not seen them in person yet just photos. Seller is firm on $500 for the pair. Seems a bit high to me. Is that worth it? I know new repro ones cost that much each and typically don't fit as good. I'm really only in need of the driver side, but could use both. I've seen fenders of these years sell for around half this price on here before, so I question the seller's price.

This would be in Ohio where winters are of course not kind to car bodies. Usually the ones that are clean on here are from sellers in places like the south or California. So shipping weighs on that too...

Thanks!

Price seems high, VERY high.
I wouldn't spend more than 2 bills for the pair, I don't care how nice they are.
Same fenders from 69 valiant thru 72 duster/demon, they're just not rare enough to warrant that kind of price IMO.

Seems a fair deal to me- how often do you find a nice pair for sale? They arent getting any cheaper. IMHO

It is very high"if" you can find them a lot cheaper.Another-can I do body work on cheaper fenders?I havnt seen the fenders but no rust or dents-save yourself some headaches buy nice fenders and let the cheap bastards spend time and money on welding/bondo.And another thing when you start chiseling a guy on his price you may not get them.

I'm not a body guy, and so yeah I'm looking for clean fenders. But I don't have the cash to just throw around either for no good reason.

I already did offer him $400 and he turned me down. This was three months ago too. I just emailed him yesterday to see if he still had them and he does. He was wanting $550 and I got him to $500 and he's stubborn not to go lower.

Price seems high, VERY high.
I wouldn't spend more than 2 bills for the pair, I don't care how nice they are.
Same fenders from 69 valiant thru 72 duster/demon, they're just not rare enough to warrant that kind of price IMO.

I wish you had them for sale. Lol.

New ones retail from AMD for $499 each. If you are interested in new ones, I can usually offer a discount from their prices and they are in stock at the warehouse

-
Back