Going to Look at This 05 Magnum at 3:30 Today

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
Car only has under 50,000 mi on it and appears to be owned by someone with a handicap as the window tag shows.

They're only asking $7000 and it KBB's for $11,900. They are moving and can't take it with them.

They said they have only one other looker/potential buyer who is waiting on a loan approval tomorrow.

My wife and I put in for a loan with our bank yesterday and will hear back tomorrow as well...hopefully. If it goes through, I'll unfortunately end up having to sell the Valiant to put a dent in it. :(
Also, something funny. There are 3 posts on CL for the vehicle. The newest one shows no contact phone number and the map is incorrect from the 1st two posts. I think the other potential buyer created a false listing to deter other buyers, lol. I noticed that yesterday as I was comparing them...what a schmuck! I'm going to mention it to the seller today.

Here's the CL Post.: http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/4598529238.html

Oh yeah, it's an RT too!

Just got done lookin at it. The hood is scratched very badly along with the top.
He said that he had a guy come look at it a week ago or so and the guy told him he needed to knock 1g off the price because of the scratches. The owner told him that there aren't any scratches on that car and sure enough when he made it to the drive way it was scratched heavily! It almost looks like someone took a rake to it!

He said he told the guy to get off his property immediately. He thinks the guy scratched it to get it cheap.

You can see in the pics that the car wasn't scratched. I know the car is wet in the pics from the rain we've had but trust me you could see those from a good 20ft away....even if the car is wet. So I do believe his story.

The car does only have 47,170 on the clock. It drives nice and everything is tight on it. It does need an alignment as the front tires are wearing on the outsides pretty good. Other than some typical dings here and there its a nice car. The interior looks nearly new with only one small tear in the pass front seat.

I'll offer him 6500 if the bank approval comes through.

He did say that the last CL post wasn't his so I was correct on that, lol.

Wow, good deal....I want one real bad but in silver. I have a 07 Durango and like it but would trade or sell it for a nice Magnum R/T....good luck!

Don't let ABodyJoe see this thread! LOL I believe he had some bad experiences with one that he had, or the dealer or both.

yeah those cars has some front end issues is what I understood talked to some thumpin LX guys at a car show. Some of those LX platform cars also had big azz wheels put on them too. Which could cause some frontend issues.
A friend at work has a 08 RT Charger and has never had any frontend work done. Maybe heavier duty parts??

yeah those cars has some front end issues is what I understood talked to some thumpin LX guys at a car show. Some of those LX platform cars also had big azz wheels put on them too. Which could cause some frontend issues.
A friend at work has a 08 RT Charger and has never had any frontend work done. Maybe heavier duty parts??

who knows. from personal experience i know the tie rods on our magnum were beat and replaced (under extended warranty) at 20 some thousand miles. the brake rotors were warped all to hell by 25 thousand miles too. and jamie only drove the car to work and back about 8 miles each way..lol. the car had the factory 18" wheels on it..

seems par for the course from what i had read on the various forums when we owned the car.

-
Back