Going to the junkyard tomorrow

-

71b5duster

Reaction score
Last weekend I was at a old junkyard and I found a bunch of parts. I found a orange 340 block laying under a hood. It was half covered up by a 390 engine and I couldn't move either one. I could see the 340 numbers on the side and the cylinders I could see looked ok. The guy wants 50 bucks for the block I figure it is worth that to see if it cracked. I found power door locks on a 72 chevelle (10 bucks a piece) that I need for my gto project. I also found a 69 4 bolt main 427 block laying under a hood (appears to have spun a bearing). I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the 512 casting #. The cylinders have some surface rust but the guy wants a $100 for it. May be cracked but like the 340 it is worth the money to found out. Weather should be nice hope to have a good day. I may post some pictures if I have time to take any.

512 427 is worth a few bux. Post the casting date if you get back up there.

George

I didn't have time to take any pictures the guy closes at 12:30 no matter what. I did get a complete dash (uncut with radio) out of a very rusted 70 GTO and the power locks out of the 72 chevelle. The total cost was $60. I did spot a purple 70 duster that looked complete minus engine. The junkyard is so large I didn't have time to make it to the blocks but next Sat I will. I was amazed that there was only one other person in the junkyard and he was looking for FORD stuff. I was carrying a bag of tools up and down a side of a mountain working as fast as I could , Man is was fun but very exhausting.
Hopefully next sat I can take my time and take some pictures.

picture

67 plymouth (Small).JPG

-
Back