Gold colored cars please

-

Alaskan_Dart

Mopars are an addiction
Reaction score
I'm looking for mopars painted factory gold and other. I have paint code formulas but also looking for factory colored mopars.
My goal, painting my car GY4 possibly but lost info. I had from before.
Color I had before may have been Y 4 also, not 100% sure. It was a 1971 color.

Thanks Mark

Heres is GY8

100_0582.jpg

That looks like the color of my last Dart. It was a '71 for sure, I have photos of it but the file is to large to show. That might be my choice after all.
I sold the car over 15 years ago, so my memory of the paint code might be off, Y4 or Y8 like yours.

Thanks for the photo.

Mark

This may be irrelevant but here`s my 68 Barracuda in it`s original JJ1 Ember gold poly metallic# 22807. I don`t know what it`s equivalent to in later years. Second photo is a 68 Dart with it`s original paint in the same JJ1 gold. Third photo is the Blowfish in it`s own gold.

IM000649%20%28Small%29.JPG

b50a_3.jpg

blowfish1.jpg

Thanks for all the photos guys. I found out that the paint code is GY8. My car is org. F8 green. I jambed it in J6 sassy grass, changed my mind last week for other reasons to gold like I had once before for short while. Guess you can say I miss that car the most enough to build as clone of it now.
I'll try to post photos as I paint the car soon.

Thanks again Mark

Mark,

My signature picture is a '71 Dart GT with a previous owner re-paint of the original GY8.

I ordered my paint today, Y8. My car is jambed in now in J6, but me being a painter, well it's hard deciding on a color for my own sometimes.
I was hooked on Sassy Grass, but having owned a gold car before and can't own it now, I am building a clone to what I once had.
I'll try to post photos of when done. Hopefully 3 weeks from now since I'm doing a color change.

Thanks for all the photos guys!

Mark

Update: Well like I said before, being a body man/painter, its hard to decide on a color sometimes.
Yes, I had the gold color but sold it before I even used it. I jambed the doors, deck lid, hood and misc. items in black tonight.
Thinking of a white, red or sassy grass tail colored stripe. I'll post photos somehow after I get the rest of the car done.

Thanks again for all the photos.........

Mark

Update: Well like I said before, being a body man/painter, its hard to decide on a color sometimes.
Yes, I had the gold color but sold it before I even used it. I jambed the doors, deck lid, hood and misc. items in black tonight.
Thinking of a white, red or sassy grass tail colored stripe. I'll post photos somehow after I get the rest of the car done.

Thanks again for all the photos.........

Mark

Black huh? That`s pretty on most every car but it sure requires a lot of rubbing. Sounds good though.

Yeah, black. I dis-like black cars. After painting two this week alone, they look nice when they leave the parking lot, but the upkeep is so damn, well I'll just say I'm sure I'll regret it someday....haha
I plan to lay ghost flames down after I get the car running, again before winter hits here.

my original paint 67 Coronet

`67Cor.jpg

and one I forgot until looking at pictures a 72 Barracuda I had for a few months in 1976

`72Cuda.jpg

wish I still had both

`67Cor.jpg

`72Cuda.jpg

Here is WY2 1966 in the trunk and int.

Someone painted it years ago and did not match the paint on the out side

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 005.jpg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 001.jpg

memike11.jpg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 001.jpg

Trying to post photos, but file is still to large. I re-sanded my parts that I had painted black, now they are Y8 gold. Doors, deck lid and hood.
As I said before, being a body tech/painter can be a real PITA sometimes!
I plan on laying a semi-gloss black tail stripe as well hood treatment like a Demon w/a twist......

Try hosting on Photobucket.com for pictures.

I know what you mean about color choice. I keep looking at the color chips at work and thinking I can mix any color I want.

Anyone have photos of gold colored cars w/white int.?
Also, what is the color code for the light tan/gold int. color option for '71 Darts?

Mark

I dont remember the code for the gold interior but heres a few of my Scamp.

IM000282.jpg

IM000959.jpg

Just checking to see if anyone has the paint code for the int. I have the color code for seats, but not painted parts such as dash and the tan on door trim.

-
Back