Gold Duster

-

Valas

Reaction score
hello all.

I am Jeff and I am new to the Forums, as well as the Mopar scene. I recently Purchased a 1974 Plymouth Gold Duster through Craigslist. I drove it hom that day and have been driving it around a couple times a week since I bought it in July. but after a little bit of research through the owners manual as well as online databases.

I would like to know what the difference is between a regular 74 duster, and a 74 Gold duster?

I assume it is just the Vynal roof, but that can't be the only reason it has the "Gold" put into the name.

(I will Post Pictures as soon as I get a sunny day and can remember)

Welcome to FABO!8)

75-86.jpg

75-87.jpg

Welcome aboard! As for your question about the Gold Duster, it's basically a trim a package with a few interior upgrades. I'm sure others will fill in some more specifics.

Well Jeff let me first say welcome and i'm sure you will enjoy every time you show up here with us. Now in answer to your question. The Gold Duster package was offered in 72 for the first time. It was not a performance package but simply were optional items such as deluxe wheel covers and reptile-grain top. According to printed matter that i have, they were also given a exclusive special gold paint job plus a " Gold Duster " identification wore on the side of the fenders and rear tail valance. This package could have been had with either a 225 /6 or a 318 V8. I have several of these and i've found the colors range from a multitude of choices from Tahitian Gold, very pretty, to a Triple Black to a multitude of other colors. Back when these cars were being built one could order a car his way so the colors might have had a wide range of chices to the consumer. There may be more but that's all i have on it.
Small Block

Well Jeff let me first say welcome and i'm sure you will enjoy every time you show up here with us. Now in answer to your question. The Gold Duster package was offered in 72 for the first time. It was not a performance package but simply were optional items such as deluxe wheel covers and reptile-grain top. According to printed matter that i have, they were also given a exclusive special gold paint job plus a " Gold Duster " identification wore on the side of the fenders and rear tail valance. This package could have been had with either a 225 /6 or a 318 V8. I have several of these and i've found the colors range from a multitude of choices from Tahitian Gold, very pretty, to a Triple Black to a multitude of other colors. Back when these cars were being built one could order a car his way so the colors might have had a wide range of chices to the consumer. There may be more but that's all i have on it.
Small Block

Hence the reason FABO is the best spot on the net. Like I said, someone had the specifics! :iconbigg: So you've come to the right place!

Hi Jeff, Welcome to FABO. Lots of great helping people around here. Im a proud owner of a Gold Duster as well, but mine's a 1972. Here's a pic.

Gold Duster.jpg

Sweat Car Jose..OK Jeff, we are now looking forward to some pics now that you have promised :)

Welcome aboard !

Ian.

-
Back