-
Status
Not open for further replies.

goldfish65

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Earlier tonite was sitting at red light at the bottom of interstate exit ramp, stupid b*tch slams into me doin around 15-20 mph. Immediately I get her tag # while she tells me my car isn't hurt, let's just 'get each other's information.' Then they leave the scene!

Atlanta is full of low-lifes, I'm sick of them! The Officer said it's unlikely anyone will be charged.

Fortunately no one was hurt, the damage was minimal and can be fixed, except the bumper. Monday the fun will start with my insurance co.

I think I can use the rear bumper from any 63-65 Valiant and 64-65 Barracuda. Not sure if any Dart bumpers will work.

Anybody have a decent one for sale, or know where I can buy one? Thanks as always.

What a beaaaach !
Sorry to hear this. Wish I could help with a bumper.

Heres a bump for you though.

JD

Thanks Johnny Dart. Well I just found a rechromed rear bumper on ebay, located 45 min from my house. Auction ends tomorrow, we'll see....

Earlier tonite was sitting at red light at the bottom of interstate exit ramp, stupid b*tch slams into me doin around 15-20 mph. Immediately I get her tag # while she tells me my car isn't hurt, let's just 'get each other's information.' Then they leave the scene!

Atlanta is full of low-lifes, I'm sick of them! The Officer said it's unlikely anyone will be charged.

Fortunately no one was hurt, the damage was minimal and can be fixed, except the bumper. Monday the fun will start with my insurance co.

I think I can use the rear bumper from any 63-65 Valiant and 64-65 Barracuda. Not sure if any Dart bumpers will work.

Anybody have a decent one for sale, or know where I can buy one? Thanks as always.
That sucks man. I wish I could help you. I drive my 65 all the time.
Good luck with the auction and here is a bump for you.

That sucks, sorry to hear about it. sometimes it feels like you have a big bullseye painted on your car when its a classic. hopefully you have the winning bid!

Had to vent.

005.jpg

I guess my next question is if you have her plate # why not go find this lady and have her prosecuted for hit & run ?

Theres obvious damage to your car. I couldnt let someone slide like this.

Time to burn the b*tch. Report it to your insurance and give them everything the license plate #, the car description, the driver description. That cop was just being lazy telling you nothing would come of a report he just didn't want to take the time to fill out the paperwork. I'd try and get his badge # and when filling out a hit and run report at the local cop shop give them his # and tell them how lazy he was.

The cop did a great job, did paperwork and everything, I can p/u accident report on tuesday. They will go after her but the cop said she can claim it was a case of mistaken identity or some bs and they can't prove it was her. People in Atlanta know what they can get away with. Maybe they will catch her, I will do my best to see that it happens. If not, I'm sure she's doing other stupid crap and she'll get nabbed sooner or later.

That's a bummer Goldfish. Your car looks exactly like what mine did when it rolled off the line in 65. I have 4 back bumpers but unfortunately, they all look worse than the one you have on the car. I have 1 or 2 straight ones but the chrome is realllllly bad.

Go get the police report and make copies. Then go get dmv driver abstract with her plate number that will tell you how many accidents and insurance changes should be 15 dollars. Do not call her or tip her off. Then contact her insurance company and let them deal with it. You already filled out the police report so you have what you need.Thats what i did once but i'm in New York.

A close inspection of her front bumper will tell all! The bumper covers on new cars show everything. If she does not acknowledge being involved.........post a description of her car, plate number and address.

..................................................................payback is a *****.

catdcscmmsservlet2.jpg

DOTCOPTHATPISSEDOFFDRIVER.jpg

Dude, that sucks.

I get tailgated all the time in my cuda here in the Atlanta area.

Last week I had one guy right up my *** in his camry I kept eyeballin him in the rearview mirror and he was laughing to his female companion every time he got close to me at a light.
Finally after the fourth time at a red light I got out, and told him " I don't know what the hell you're trying to prove but if you even so much as nudge my car I'm gonna beat you so hard that you will be eating through a stomach straw for the rest of your miserable life!"

I got back in my car and he drifted back and turned off at the next right.

That's why God put CAMERAS in CELL PHONES.

Hard for her to claim it wasn't her if you had her picture at the scene

That's why God put CAMERAS in CELL PHONES.

Hard for her to claim it wasn't her if you had her picture at the scene

Yeah, remember to use your camera you guys, I was stunned and wasn't thinking straight. Plus there were three of them and I thought they might fight me for my phone. And at 5'4" I'm not very intimidating.

After the fact I thought if I had grabbed my vicegrips laying on the floorboards I could have ripped out a valve stem...HA!

Thanks for the other tips though, I will follow through. I'll know tomorrow night whether I bid successfully for the ebay bumper.

You have damage and the lady can be found
She would get more then one ticket here in Arkansas for sure
I hope every thing works out and her insurance pays for it.
I hope you get the new bumper goldfish65 :happy10:

I sure like your Gold fish =P~

Thanks to all you guys. In telling you all about the accident, I kinda got off the subject of where to find a bumper. I need to show the insurance company how much a bumper costs...even if I'm lucky and get the one off ebay tonite. Any ideas?

I had winning bid on ebay bumper! $405 isn't cheap but it is rechromed and otherwise perfect, and it's less than an hour from me so there's no shipping to pay. Pretty lucky to find it so quick and so near. Thanks to all who took the time to respond to my post.

I had winning bid on ebay bumper! $405 isn't cheap but it is rechromed and otherwise perfect, and it's less than an hour from me so there's no shipping to pay. Pretty lucky to find it so quick and so near. Thanks to all who took the time to respond to my post.
Cool! Glad you found one. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back