Good 360 Aluminum Head

-
Another alternative starfighter aluminum
heads last I checked they were @ $1000 bucks
for completely assembled heads and use stock
rockers intake and exhaust

I run Edelbrocks on my car, 10.8:1 compression, 93 octane pump gas, no problems...see sig for times.

If money is a concern, and you were going to use "J" heads, why not get another set of iron "J" heads? Good pair "J" heads ready to bolt on will not be anywhere near the price of new eddy's.

If money is a concern, and you were going to use "J" heads, why not get another set of iron "J" heads? Good pair "J" heads ready to bolt on will not be anywhere near the price of new eddy's.

My thoughts ^^^^^

If your bottom end is stock a good pair of stock 360 "915" castings would fill the bill for cheap compared to aluminum. Don't mean to damper your party but 350 to 375 reliable horsepower seems like a plan.

70aarcuda is correct, I just checked with summit and MP.

W2 cylinder heads are no longer available in open chamber.

What kinda engine are you trying to build (street cruiser? occasional strip? torque monster? High rpm screamer? etc etc)

You might be able to get away with running camshaft with more duration and a wider lobe separation.

This cause the intake to close later, making your effective (or dynamic) compression ratio lower as compression doesn't really begin until both valves are closed.

OR if you only want to gain 2 or 3 cc's, a closed chamber head can easily be enlarged to suit your needs. You'd be surprised how quickly 3 cc's can be removed from alloy with the correct abrasive air-tools. for example, a mimimum-metal-removed polish of the chamber will usually be more than 1cc.

I ran into the same problem w my cast heads and decided to run Eddys instead of a set of new or used j heads. You will be much happier with alum heads...mine is 10.5-1 runnin 91 oct, without any issues, heat ect.

I think I'm just going to stick with the eddys, I don't really want to spend that much more to get the w2 heads to work, would like too because I could make more power with them though.

And price isn't really an issue, I just wasn't expecting to have to buy new heads. I don't really mind spending a bit extra to get some lighter and better flowing heads.

70aarcuda is correct, I just checked with summit and MP.

W2 cylinder heads are no longer available in open chamber.

What kinda engine are you trying to build (street cruiser? occasional strip? torque monster? High rpm screamer? etc etc)

You might be able to get away with running camshaft with more duration and a wider lobe separation.

This cause the intake to close later, making your effective (or dynamic) compression ratio lower as compression doesn't really begin until both valves are closed.

OR if you only want to gain 2 or 3 cc's, a closed chamber head can easily be enlarged to suit your needs. You'd be surprised how quickly 3 cc's can be removed from alloy with the correct abrasive air-tools. for example, a mimimum-metal-removed polish of the chamber will usually be more than 1cc.

My main goal with this engine is to make a street/strip car, nothing too crazy for the street though. And that's what I've been told, aluminum is easy to work with so like you said I can gain cc's easily.

And I may look into a bigger camshaft, I'll choose that once I figure out the heads I'm going to get.

-
Back