Good Auto Shifter To Use??

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
hey guys! well its time to start looking into buying a shifter and was wondering what to get? i am rebuilding my TF904 with manual valve body and 4200 9.5 converter. all new racing bands and clutches.

so my question is what kind of shifter (brand) is safe, i.e. has gates FOR mopar and not dual pattern/universal? i am looking for a ratchet style, and love t handles!!

so what have u guys been using?

thx ed

Definately the Turbo Action STS, and the great part is the cable enters from the back of the trans, so you not fighting headers or steering linkage.
Its pricey, but SO worth it.

Definately the Turbo Action STS, and the great part is the cable enters from the back of the trans, so you not fighting headers or steering linkage.
Its pricey, but SO worth it.

so i was looking at the cheetah site and they only show a scs and its front exit? is the STS another model?

so i was looking at the cheetah site and they only show a scs and its front exit? is the STS another model?

My bad it is the SCS and the cable does come out the front of the shifter, BUT it loops and approaches the trans from the rear to hook up to the trans shift lever.

I kinda like the Turbo Action Cheetah myself also, its extremly heavy duty compared to a few others but its not a "ratchet" type shifter.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=12078

IMAG00301.jpg

I used to have a B&M "Z-Gate" shifter.....actually a cheap one of theirs.....but I loved bangin' it....it was very cool. I didn't run the plastic cover to give it that more functional look.....lol..

k so it looks like the cheetah is the only shifter!! haha i must admit tho its not really the look i wanted tho... anything that i can have a t handle on?

B&M star shifter is what i have been using since 93...I have put them in several diff cars I bet i have installed 6 of them over the years no kidding not one issue...it ratchets and is a tee handle, I have never had any exhaust issues..don;t let that scare you off...this shifter is awesome... http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BMM-80675/

so alot of people liking the PPP and pro ratchet! the PPP is kinda strange tho...

so i called up about the valvebody im gonna use and its a reverse manual. so any more ideas about shifters?

Best one I have used so far is the turbo action. The cable is away from all the hot spots and it is smoother operating then any hurst or b&m I have used in the past

-
Back