Good buy?

-

BullsIgt

Reaction score
I found what I think is a 8 3/4 rear end on CL for 175. I dont know if it is a good buy though. Can anyone help?

att_1377019391173193.jpeg

att_1377019414314109.jpeg

489 is a good 3rd member. Even better if its a sure grip. I would take it apart before buying just to check the gears/internals.

ps if the housing is the length you need its worth $175. (just saying) 1.suregrip 2.open 3.auburn

images

images

images

pics can be deceiving , to me it looks too wide for the A-body.

And it looks like it has 10 X 2 1/2 rear drums. I'm certainly no expert but I don't think those ever came on an A body.

Its definitely not from an A body but I was planning on getting it shortened and re-positioning the spring perches. Does it look like a good candidate for that? Does anyone know what the ball park price would be to have that done?

Those perches don't even look like mopar at all, the look angled on the housing and look to be made out of a piece of U channel...... Cut all that off, and yes it can be narrowed to fit whatever, but then you gotta buy axles. So its really only a good deal if it has a desirable gear in the center section, more so if its a suregrip

Ok, so you may have to cut it down to fit. But......you have a housing plus a chunk, plus brake hardware for $175.00. If it's a B-body rear, you just might be able to cut the axles down, that depends on the axles though. If you're happy with it, then it's a good deal.

Measure it.

Get the "good" chart.

What's the intended application?

Those perches don't even look like mopar at all, the look angled on the housing and look to be made out of a piece of U channel......

That's just what I thought when I looked at them. Never saw any perches squared off like that on any car. Even yet, as long as it's a good rear it's worth $175. Find out the width and post it and we can tell you what body style it's from

-
Back