Good bye Dart

-

GoDartGo

thread killer un-member
Reaction score
I am now sans Dart. The first time in 27 years w/o a mopar.
It's been real, and it's...knuckle busting expensive. But it's been real fun.
The Dart went to a young gun, who will do more with it than I ever could.
Drive on. -shawn

did you send him this way?

I don't think they could fit anything else on that trailer, so I
IMG_2333.JPG

Gotta replacement in mind?
No, we are down sizing and planning a move up closer to the grand kids, if I was gonna have a Mopar,
this is the only one I would want. I really did enjoy it.
But now I have SOOOO much more room in the garage to play with my other passion, making my own
pressed steel trucks like the one in the avatar.

I usually slow down at work pretty soon, and was hoping your car would still be for sale then. Didn't see a reason to jerk you around if I didn't have the time to drag the trailer out there. Congrats on the sale.

Glad to see the car went to someone who wiil appreciate it. I expressed interest in it earlier this year, it just wasn't in the cards for me. Didn't expect the wife to still be out of work. It's been hard to do much of anything this year.

Man, I cannot believe it took me almost 4 years to stumble across this post! Shawn, I want you to know your car is safe and sound with me. Cosmetically, it looks identical (except for now having drag radials). Mechanically, quite a bit has changed. Still the same 360, but now with 11:1 compression, aluminum heads built by Brian at IMM, an Isky solid flat tappet spec'd by Brian (250/258 @ .050, ~.630 lift, 108 lobe separation), PRW PQx full roller rockers (with a B3 Racing geometry correction kit), a Victor 340 intake, Brawler 850 race carb, TSP pro billet distributor with fully customizable curves & MSD coil, ATI 8" converter built to order, 4.10 gears and a suregrip in the back. I daily drove the car for a while like that, but I got tired of the converter so I drive it less now. I had asked ATI to make it as tight as possible, and they built me a damn 5000 stall unit, and told me they couldn't make it any tighter. Still salty about those $1200 down the drain... I'm getting ready for a Tremec TKX swap now.
I built that motor with an honest goal of 500hp. It definitely doesn't have that... and I suspect it's because I didn't have the block properly machined at a shop, I didn't have the means to transport it. I honed it myself. Best it's done is 11.8 at 116, hence my suspicions about the power... it should really be in the 10's. I'm probably gonna go over the motor here before long, with a proper machine shop bore finish this time so my leakdown numbers are better. Long term future goals include higher compression (~13:1), port fuel injection, and E85.

Here is a video of that pass:

Thank you for selling it to me, Shawn! It opened up a pretty awesome door for me :)
If you're ever in Indianapolis, it would be an honor to give you a ride.

Best regards,
Arthur

So how do we go about gettin a cool pressed steel truck?

-
Back