Good bye old friend

-

WRB426

Insane 4 Mopars
Reaction score
Traded in my 2001 Ram today. Sometimes I get attached to certain vehicles. My poor truck was rusting out bad. Thank you New England! Plus after 161K the tran was going. Had a lot of good camping trips and trips to the drags towing the Dart. I'll miss my truck! View attachment 2001 DODGE 001.jpg

I can relate, New England weather has done a job on my truck. I found out two days ago that the frame is now completely rusted beyond repair in my 97 Ranger. It's been a great little truck for the past 15 years that I've owned it, but the frame rot was already fixed two years ago in the same area, the heat blend door isn't working anymore, and the windshield leaks now too. Time to trade it in for something newer with less problems and fewer than 163,000 miles. Good luck with your new ride!
Paul

Thats funny you posted this because earlier today I was thinking what would I do with my 01 dodge. Its red were yours is maroon and has 169xxx miles on it. Been a damn good truck. It has a 5.9 that has been a great engine, the tranny went at 72xxx miles and then the reverse servo broke at 158xxx, fixed it and still going strong. I think I'm going to have to keep it as a farm truck. Like yours the rust has taken over.

Farewell old friend! Where's the picture of the new vehicle?

My 3/4 ton 2001 is the same color as yours accept I do not have the silver on the bottom. Oh Yea, and only 48,000 pampered miles on it.

No pictures of the new ride yet. Picked up a 2004 Grand Cherokee with 103K. It will get me by with camping and to work. My Ram never broke down on me. Basic maint is all I did in 9 years. I feel bad turning my back on it.

No pictures of the new ride yet. Picked up a 2004 Grand Cherokee with 103K. It will get me by with camping and to work. My Ram never broke down on me. Basic maint is all I did in 9 years. I feel bad turning my back on it.

What engine in the Cherokee?

My daughter has a 2004 with a 4.0L. Problems with the wiring harness where it comes thru to the drivers door, the wires pull apart and loose windows or locks. Maybe just her's hopefully! Oh yea, and I've put 5 radiators in it in 2 years! Crappy NAPA parts.

Hope you enjoy the new ride!!!

What engine in the Cherokee?

My daughter has a 2004 with a 4.0L. Problems with the wiring harness where it comes thru to the drivers door, the wires pull apart and loose windows or locks. Maybe just her's hopefully! Oh yea, and I've put 5 radiators in it in 2 years! Crappy NAPA parts.

Hope you enjoy the new ride!!!

Yes the 4.0. All jeeps have those wiring problems.

All cars have their problems. You just have to pick which ones you are willing to deal with.

I have a 93 Dakota Sport 4X4, 3.9, 5 speed. Has 320,000 miles and going strong. Looks rough, as it is a farm truck, but it was a real lifesaver in 15 inches of snow last week. By the way it is all original except for oil, filter, and brakes, and fuel pump.

I have a 93 Dakota Sport 4X4, 3.9, 5 speed. Has 320,000 miles and going strong. Looks rough, as it is a farm truck, but it was a real lifesaver in 15 inches of snow last week. By the way it is all original except for oil, filter, and brakes, and fuel pump.

They must have been good ones, I also have a 93 but 2wd. It has over 250,000 on it only thing i've done is service the engine and changed the timing chain. Hope the frame holds up with the drive train. Good trucks are hard to let go thats for sure.

Geez from where I set a 2001 is a new truck!!!

Me too. My 94 has plenty of issues. It just recently rolled 200ks (kms) and has been a great dependable truck. I have been lax on maintenance the last few years due to funds, and the necessary repairs would cost a ton. At the same time I can't find anything reasonable priced to replace it. I have been considering going back to a little Neon for the fuel savings, but whenever I don't have a truck, I always seem to NEED one. :banghead: Damned either way, and I can't afford to have both.:goodman:

Did you name it? That's a true sign of attachment, LOL... I know where your coming from too. I usually keep my trucks about 10-12 yrs. Plan on replacing my 02 Dakota next year. I'd keep it longer cause it only has 86,000 miles and is in excellent condition but with my degenerating back it's hard to go very far due to now being roomy enough. Drove a new Ram last year and man was it comfy and a ice driver. I'm sure it'll be a sad day when the "White Knight" goes

-
Back