Good day at the races!

-

mikedevore

Reaction score
Went to the races Saturday. This being only the second race for my son in the Dart Sport. We slowed the car to run the heads up 12:00 index class, this class uses a 4-tenths Pro tree. He runnered up in this class, very close race. He ran a 12.02 & his competion ran a 12.00. We also ran a points race at the same time, this class uses a 5-tenths full tree. He won this class! The win should move him from 3rd in points to first. This points race was set to an 1/8 mile, he ran a 7.58 on a 7.57! Just imagine having to slow your reaction time from the Pro-tree to a Full-tree. He even had to run back to back between the two classes. For his efforts, he came away with a total cash prize of $600.00. Last week he went to the 1/4 finals in his first week in the car, yea he likes the car. Real proud of this kid!

Man Mike...Sounds like you better let him do the driving...LOL...That is great...Love to see the kids get involved...Where were you guys running?...At Tulsa?...Anyway, Good luck to you and your kid in the future...Lee

Yea, Tulsa. He was the High School Champ from last year. He's ate up with the racing bug. I raced for 18 years myself, I like it better being the one telling how to do it.

Wow what a day you and your son had.
you are making some great memories!
Tell him congratulations for me. :thumbup:

Yea, I'm digging being the Crew Chief & Mechanic. It keeps him out of trouble, although he hasn't gave me any trouble. He is very competive.

-
Back