Good day from the Ottawa Valley

-

messenger1

Reaction score
Hello all. New to this forum, "mature" owner of a new toy, a 72 Dart project. This car is my first attempt at replacing one of the many cars I had back in the day that I am now sorry I let go.

I am hoping to gain some much needed knowledge from the Mopar fanatics out there, and will no doubt be asking a ton of questions during my rebuild so please try to bear with me :)

Tom
72 Dart 318 (69 block) J heads, headers, Holley, Comp Cam, custom 2 1/2 dual exhaust, Looking for a Parts Donor Car!!

View attachment photo2.jpg

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 185
Looks like a nice solid start but you have it tucked away in the corner. What are your plans for that baby?

BTW-"nobody puts baby in the corner"
Get her out and let her dance! LOL

Hey, welcome aboard! What exactly did you have "back in the day"? I grew up in Ottawa in the 80's and remember many of the cars from around there. I often wonder what happened to the 69 barracuda I sold there in 86.

She was "in the corner" at the previous owners place. Front and center of attention in my garage. :)

For this year, its going to be a straight matte paint job, minimal interior type of "rat rod" I just want to be able to drive it back and forth to show and shine. Over the winter I'll freshen up the engine, put in a real rear, disc brake swap and proper interior. I am pretty sure this was a slant six car, so I am not too worried about defiling a classic. If anyone can tell me how to decipher the vin tag to get the original engine code that would be awesome. Previous owner did tell me the 318 came out of a 69 car.

Tom

Of all the cars I had back in the day, few stand out like this....I had a 72 Duster 340, 4 speed, headers, straight thrush, posi, cragars, shag rug etc, baby blue with white stripes, damn I hated that colour back then and double damn I wish I had of kept that car!

Of less regret but memorable none the less my 68 Sattelite, 318, auto, faux RR car, 69 Cutlass Supreme convertible, 66 Impala ex police car, 76 "gold duster" 360, my slant six Dart sport, and possibly the most fun and most recent of my "ones that got away" a Fox bodied 84 Capri RS 302HO (sorry I know I know it's a Ford but it was fun!) that car absolutely thrashed Camaros and Vettes on Carling back in the 80's :)

Welcome Tom to FABO, I'm also in Ottawa. Hey and I have a parts car if you are missing anything.

Of all the cars I had back in the day, few stand out like this....I had a 72 Duster 340, 4 speed, headers, straight thrush, posi, cragars, shag rug etc, baby blue with white stripes, damn I hated that colour back then and double damn I wish I had of kept that car!

Of less regret but memorable none the less my, 318, auto, faux RR car, 69 Cutlass Supreme convertible, 66 Impala ex police car, 76 "gold duster" 360, my slant six Dart sport, and possibly the most fun and most recent of my "ones that got away" a Fox bodied 84 Capri RS 302HO (sorry I know I know it's a Ford but it was fun!) that car absolutely thrashed Camaros and Vettes on Carling back in the 80's :)

Darn, quite a stable. The 68 Plymouth Satellite body is becoming on of my favs..
Welcome from NS.

Ian.

Welcome Tom!

You will enjoy this site. Great information and even better people.

Enjoy!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• 1st Drag Race Coming to Burnout Pit 1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 121
i sent u a message on kijiji, send me a message. c what i can do to help.

-
Back