Good deal for a C-body?

-

MopaR&D

Nerd Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, my cousin and I went up to Fort Collins about a week ago and checked out this 1969 Polara.

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/1510314957.html

As you can see it's still for sale and my cousin is pretty set on buying it if it's still for sale when we go up there again. What I'm wondering is if it's a good deal. Some of you may remember the thread about cooling issues I posted up last week, we still have to get that figured out. Also there are a couple electrical issues (interior lights don't work, neither does heater) that I think should be nothing more than loose wires or blown fuses, and the front end definitely needs to be aligned (or rebuilt, don't really know the condition of it). The car has a 383 2-bbl. that was converted to 4-bbl. and dual exhaust and has about 60,000 miles on it; it seems a little weak though, and I'm afraid it might be a slackened timing chain or receded exhaust valves (original heads have never been off).

The car has almost no rust, exterior is in great condition (except for some scratched/faded paint) as well as the interior and absolutely floats down the road. All in all would you guys say this thing is worth $1000?

I would have paid 2-3grand to get a car that clean,running,and probably in great shape,you are so far ahead of the game its insane,mrmopartech

Boy, if that were on the right coast, I'd be all over that. .............and on my way to divorce court. Oh well

$1000 sounds good to me. I've always wanted a '69 Polara, the ride does have a unique floating quality and having the ignition key on the left is so cool for some reason. You rarely see that car on the road anymore, you'll be different.

thats a great car and cheap.
i ones hade a 70 polara 4 dr hardtop and i miss it alot (the only one in sweden)

IMG_0002.jpg

-
Back