Good find ???? Intake manifold

-

22dog22

Reaction score
Was at a local mopar fan to pick up a pair of bucket seat hinge covers for my 69 cuda, was looking around found a holly street dominator intake manifold for my small block 318 i am having built, i paid 45.00, was this a good buy and is it a good intake for street type mild build 318? I will running a 904 auto with a posi rear with 355 gears any thoughts???

It's a low rise single plane, there are better intakes for what your doing, like duel plane types but $45 is a good deal I would stick a 4
Hole spacer under the carb if you have room

Posi?
Is that a G.M. rear end you have in your car?
Is it a 10 bolt or a 12 bolt?
The intake is a good buy at that price as long as it's not warped........
Not ideal for your car, but a good buy.

As stated above, that is a single plane intake, which don't have the low end and mid range power that a dual plane intake will. It is more for upper rpm and your engine is more for low and mid range rpm. Go with a dual plane, but $45 is a good price for that one.

The ideal manifold for your setup is the obsolete Edelbrock LD-4B, it is the same as the old LD-340, but has the smaller ports for the 318 heads that will match better.

If you want something that you can buy new, I would go with the Wiand dual plane (they make one for spread bore carburetors and another for square bore carburetors so you can pick the one that matches what carb you are going to use and bolt straight on without any adapters/spacers needed). Or an Edelbrock performer or performer RPM.

-
Back