Good guy alert. BigRichieO

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Finally got my notchback rear windshield stainless trim.
Richard saw that I needed it and he found some at a yard.
He asked me if I still needed it and got a price from the yard operator.

He almost did not get the trim after he talked to me because the yard owner pulled the old bait and switch on him and wanted to jack the original quote up much higher than agreed upon at first but Rich stuck to his guns and got the trim at the original price.
Went to the post office and had it packaged like it was precious gold artifacts from a ten thousand year old find.

The trim showed up today actually better than described and I could not be happier as I've been waiting for this type of trim for a while now and the prices were kinda crazy or the condition of the trim was not what I was looking for.
Seems like all the cards lined up this time around and rich can be added as one of the good guys to deal with.

Now I can put one of the more desirable finishing touches on my baby.

Much appreciated Rich,

Spaz.

I guess I can change my sig now.

Glad you found your trim spaz, This site and people are great eh? I know I spent 2 years and walked and scoured Carlisle for about 10 hours. Finally found a set and was shocked at the price this greedy guss wanted:angry7:450!!!!! Hope you got yours @ 25% of this. I think it`s safe to say "guss" took his trim home:-D Let me know the best place for gaskets, cause I`m going through this also. clips are confuseing to me. like to see pics of your install and learn from you, before I do mine:read2:

I got my gaskets from year-none (JK) I call them year-none because they usually don't have anything in stock LOL.

Anyways I had to get the 68-69 winshield gaskets and use the specified trim clips.

You have to set the clip in till it bottoms out or mounts flush on the sill and then drill a hole in the center of the screw hole in the clips.

You need the water proof coated stainless screws that have a coating on the threads.

I spaced each clip every 6-8 inches but not in the dead center of the very top and bottom sill where the two halves meet.

I think I can get a pic right now and have it posted in a few minutes if my computer is not acting silly like last time I tried.

trim1.jpg

trim2.jpg

trim3.jpg

trim4.jpg

trim6.jpg

trim7.jpg

trim8.jpg

trim9.jpg

trim10.jpg

Before trim on Saturday.
100_1281.jpg

12-1.jpg

I know, i need new rear tires.
Sanitylost wore them out on his wicked dart before I bought them.

I hate when you post pics of your car, Spaz.
Makes me want to rub one out......

ROFL i know the feeling cuda67bnl - I'd take it as a complement spaz

Thanks for the kind words Spaz. I was glad that I could help you with your awsome looking car. Now when I'm showing friends this site I will be able to pull up your profile and say that I helped with your build by finding the rear window trim for your car. hahahaha

it packaged like it was precious gold artifacts from a ten thousand year old find

With the prices people are charging for this stuff I wanted to make 100% sure that it didn't get damaged!!! Mission accomplished I guess.

Rich

Spaz.. that looks really good man! You didn't waste anytime putting them on either. lol

Way to go BigRichieO!

Spaz.. that looks really good man! You didn't waste anytime putting them on either. lol

Way to go BigRichieO!

Yeah, I'm sure if I had the Mullinax polishing compound/buffing wheels and skills I could have had the trim to your caliber of shinyness, but I did a quick rub down on them and decided to slap them on to give the car show guys something to ridicule.

The top is still not popped in yet in the center so I gotta play with that another time.

I just hope the cops don't get tired of it.

Well, I hope they aren't looking at me hard enough to see it!! hahaha....

If the cops start giving you a hard time, let me be the first to offer you a place to park it til the heat settles. Of course, I'll have to drive it here and there so we can make sure everything stays in working order.......

I had a hard time popping the trim on at the top where the two sections meet.
After work, I made it my mission to get them popped on right.

I tried a bit of silicon to help me out since the clips were gooped up with urethane and the trim kept flexing upward toward the paint. still nothing worked until I just pretended the trim was Obama's face and I palm heeled the living crap out of the trim until it popped in....done!

I was so excited and motivated that I installed my drivers factory remote mirror and drivers door glass and window regulator.
The mirror actually looks alot better than I thought it would.
Now I am debating wether or not to use the sport mirrors I recently got from a FABO member.

I ran into problems with the pivot window screw that holds the pivot window frame together at the top.
I had to separate the two pieces in order to slide the glass in the channel but the screw would not come out and I broke three screw driver heads before it stripped out so I had to drill out the screw and tap a new hole, but I got it.

Now all I need is new cat whiskers for all the windows, the (little black two piece) glass channel guides as some of mine are broken and door weatherstrips and seals.
Who carries all the weatherstrips and upper door channel seal with the chrome molding?

I also need the metal interior upper door panel pieces as the body shop stole mine.

Sounds like all you needed was to get started... some motivation(Obama face) and you got some things done.

I got my chrome cat whiskers at either Year None or The Paddock. The one that goes on outside of the glass is a rubber and the one that goes on the inside is the cat whiskers type. They seal really well.

-
Back