Good guy alert

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
Some of you probably saw my post looking for parts to build the 440 for my Ramcharger. Among other things, I needed a truck oil pan and pick up tube. A FABO member, Dubob, told me he had what I needed and I could have it for the cost of shipping. That was awesome. I got him my email and he sent pics. He actually sand blasted it clean for me and took pics. I gave him my address and told him to tell me how much he needed and where to send the money. I didn't hear from him, and one day the parts just showed up at my door. He emailed me and asked me if I got them. I said I had, and asked how much he needed and where to send the money. I figured I'd add extra for the parts. He emailed me back with this message:

Greg, I don't want a dime. I'm a little old school maybe but with you actually doing a project and not trying to flip parts maybe one day you can help me or someone else out. Enjoy the project. Glad I could help. Brent.

You don't run into someone like that every day. It restores your faith in humanity. It certainly put a smile on my face all day. Brent is a class act and I promise I will pay this forward. Random acts of kindness should be contagious. I am just throwing this out so we can all give a big round of applause for Brent ... Dubob.

Outstanding!!!

The endemic ME ME ME Attitude that has become so pervasive in society needs to be offset more often by random acts of kindness.

BRAVO !!!

Kudos to both of you. Dubob the most for being a TRUE car enthusiast and you Mopar to ya for bumping the recognition. If you're reading this Dubob and need any parts, give me a jingle. If I can I'll try to set you up for free on extras I've got.

Way to go Brent!

I actually was going to try and meet up with him when he came up to Michigan to pick up an engine, unfortunately it didn't work out. Through many PM's he and I have had back and forth, he seemed like an outstanding individual.

This proves it!!!

So glad to hear of people here that are not after that almighty dollar and just want to help a fellow MOPAR lover. To bad there are not more people like you Dubob. MO-PWR to ya my friend.Jim

Attachments

• 1902899_10152722496651068_4064114050018472082_n.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 116
Guys I wanted to drop in and say Thank You all. I didn't do this for any recognition. I had the parts sitting around with no real use for them. Someone else could use them for their project. I just happened to be in a place where I could help.

congrats to both of you. It is not about the money but just treating people the way you want to be treated. Way to go! maybe others will follow your example, Joe

-
Back