Good news jobs in Michigan

-

michformulaS

Reaction score
Well, it has been a good week. The PGW glass plant in Evart MI that was closed two years ago supplying glass mainly to Chrysler is reopening. I am rejoining them early next month. I have been fortunate enough to work since they closed it end of March 2009 but this is going to be exciting reopening a Michigan manufacturing plant after it was shut down 2 years ago. Best part we are going to be making glass because they are selling so many new Chrysler products. I understand at least up front that will be our only product and customer.

Hurray for the auto industry and hurray for Chrysler....oh and hurray for me!

Thank You...I am very excited for Chrysler...I have to admit that I was one that thought they were probably done a little over a year ago.

Wow!!! That is unbelievable. A plant re-opening in Michigan. Great news indeed. Way to go Chrysler. The company ain't dead yet. :salute: Good luck to you and here's to many more years back at the plant. :thumrigh: :hello1: :headbang: :thumbup: Now if we just get a few hundred more plants re-opened and thousands more jobs re-created, things will be looking up. But at least it's a start.

Wylde1.

Congrats. My husband works for Chrysler and they've been working a lot of OT. :)

I work for Detroit Diesel and our volume is steadly going back up. Also they just spent $50 million on the plant and new equipment for a cylinderhead line. This not only affects us but people here in Michigan, and other states also. Our new engines the DD15 and DD13 are going in Freightliner trucks, buses, firetrucks. When heavyduty truck sales are going up that's because people are buying things that need to be delievered. It is a good indicator for the economy recovering. Jayson

go evart baby my property and grandparents house is on saddle bag lake 5 mins from that plant i remember the silence when it shut down creepy
little hole in the wall town but it keeps it self up we got a McDonalds there lol and one stop light. and if you ever drink ice mountain water i think it is thats are tap water look on the back says evart MI the bulldozed the dnr building and put in the water pumpor what ever it is.

i also landed a great job in the auto field >air bags and seat belts< huge raise way better place to work from the last one i was at doing crash testing more relaxed
jobs are coming back SLOWLY

I always thought it would be cool to do crash tests for a living. What kind of education do you need to do that?

Imported from Detroit... Way to go!
C

i have no education lol
well none on paper just know how to fab and weld
i let the other guys break down the data read outs i just do the fun stuff they sit in front of a computer
PUSH THE RED BUTTON LOL

Yep my son got a job working for Paslin, in Warren MI, they build the robotics for Pherd and Chebbie, He graduated from MI Tech last May 2010, he loves his new job they like hiring MI students,(hired 3 including my son) even though (we/he) is from WI. they have a new contract from Chrysler, the first one ever, Chrysler used to build there own robotics previously, now they are jobbing it out, good for both company's, You guys dont have Jennifer Granholm as governor anymore and THAT is a good thing IMO. That might have something to do with it...

-
Back