Good Option For Power Brake Conversion?

-

ADHD426

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looking to add power brakes to my 1971 Duster. I am putting in a 340, and it was originally a manual brake drums on all four car. I converted the front to disc, and the rear is still drum.

On ebay there is this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221129803845?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

T2eC16dHJF0E9nmFSzjnBRG8JTB7Q60_57_zpsacfa67a5.jpg

$(KGrHqF,!p0E9eFIsk9YBPb)svoRog~~60_12.JPG

I contacted him and he said it will bolt right up to my manual brake setup without cutting the firewall. It seems like it has all the necessary brackets. What do you guys think? They are MBM Brake Parts.

It seems like a good deal. Is there a cheaper way? I want the power brakes for when my wife and some day my son drives it, I want that little bit extra piece of mind, even if it is ignorance.

Thanks!

Those are a great deal since you might pay $50 for Dart brackets. Several people have reported using them. One had to trim the booster rod a bit to get it to fit. That big beast cast-iron MC looks funny on that small booster, and who needs the weight? Looks like you could swap a smaller aluminum MC on there easy, since 2 bolts. Why don't they deliver them like that? I can tell that they adapted a common GM after-market booster, since it has a threaded rod.

The factory system did have a side brace to the inner fender, plus another below, but those seem like over-kill. I installed just the side brace when putting brackets in my 65.

Why all the brackets? Looks like a big block swap.kit. Go stock,be patient.A buddy,ran one of these set ups ,from Scummit. Didn't have enough vac,for a healthy cammed 383. When you go smaller diaphram,you lose swept volume. That means,non responsive pedal.I know,your cam grind,plenty of vacuum.Spend the time,find stock style stuff.

-
Back