Goodguys 2008 Puyallup, WA CAR ****!!!

-
360, in your last page of pics, that green 69 GTS is my friend Trevor's car, im surprised to see he drove it down there for the show. then again, you're really not that far from me.

I never said anything about liking cookie cutter cars that some rich asshole paid someone to put together for them. I said rat rods are built out of junk parts that lazy people find in the trash after big swapmeets. You know. The parts that didn't sell and the owners were tired of hauling around with them. So they take them home and slap them together without any concern for finish work, paint, etc.

Thanks for the pics 360scamp ! Great job, nice variety .
I'm with you on the not liking cookie cutter cars .
I really love seeing oddball cars even if it's something I would never drive myself . I like to see people use their talent and creativity instead of just their wallet...

I never said anything about liking cookie cutter cars that some rich asshole paid someone to put together for them. I said rat rods are built out of junk parts that lazy people find in the trash after big swapmeets. You know. The parts that didn't sell and the owners were tired of hauling around with them. So they take them home and slap them together without any concern for finish work, paint, etc.

Iv built cars out of those parts. I used a 350 2 bolt main block that I found next to a garbage can after the Monroe swapmeet when I was 13. I drug it across the fairgrounds and my dad told me that if I could get it in the truck by myself that I could take it home. I built that motor and sold to a guy that put it in a Toyota 4x4 that I know for a fact is still running today. I found a home made dash in a garbage can that I used in a 51 ford.
If someone else isn't going to use it and they just chuck it in the garbage and I come along and think of a way to use that same part and pull it out of the garbage why is that beeing lazy?
I don't think that it matters if I can see the welds and they aren't ground down or if the car is painted with rust or spoof canned with 89 cents a can Wally-world paint over the rust and dirt or even if the bottom 6 inches of the car is rotted away. If the guy or girl built it from nothing, got it running and drives it that makes it cooler than the painted "done" car that was wet sanded and pollished until you can see yourself in it.
My 53 Merc pick up is going to be painted, chrommed and pollished until I have rubbing compound squirting out my ***. Even the block and heads are going to have metalflake in the paint. But Nikkis 48 Chevy with the slant 6 is going to be a "rat rod". Slap it togeather and get it on the road so we can drive it and have fun with it.
Im not trying to fight about it but it is kinda fukt up to call someone lazy just because they reuse parts that get thrown away or are thought to be junk by someone else.

If you walked by a dumpster and saw a pair of old cross ram intake manifolds in there would you dive in after them?...I know a guy up in Anchorage, AK that did!

Hot Rodding was started with guys useing what they had if it was junk or not.

How come you Mopar guys didn't go to the Mopar Nationals show at Pacific Trailways???

Sufferin Jesus man I think you wore out your digital camera!! That was awesome, I have heard of the Puyallup car show but never been, thanks that was the next best thing, thanks to for posting pics of the "other" brands too, some pretty cool rods in there, even a Henry J. good job :cheers:

No, I wouldn't walk by them, and I don't want to argue about this either. But I don't think you understand what I mean.

-
Back