Got a new job! (WOOHOO!)

-

MB43

Reaction score
I've been out of work since February... A place I interviewed with a few times over the last 2 months called the other day and made me an offer. Granted, it's less than I was making before, but I knew that I was over paid for my area and didn't really expect to get that kind of salary again.

But now I'm employed again! :headbang:

The wife told me I couldn't spend any money on the Duster until I had a job again... I made some noises about a new Strange Dana and/or a set of E-Heads, she didn't say no, just that I couldn't spend a dime until I had a job.

Well, now I have a job. So I'm gonna give Mancini a call sometime next week. O:)

Good to hear Mike.
I've been in that situation, after working at the same place for 14 years, they closed he doors.
Trying to find a good paying job that you like isn't easy.

Congats. I know how you feel. Been off work sense end of april. Got two
interviews today. The time off seemed good at the time. But it got old very
quick.

Congratulations on the new job. Finding good work can be tough. Now reward yourself by ordering some go fast stuff.

:burnout:

Congratulations! you must work in I.T. Hard to find a job in that area lately and all the cool websites you design.

Mike, Congrads and thank the Lord. There aint nothing scarier than being out there looking. Whats the new gig? Close to home?

Yeah, I'm in IT. Rumble - I landed a gig at a place in Bay Shore. Not all that far from here... Much closer than NYC!

Sweeeeeeeeet. Nothing like a short drive rather than a 1-1/2+ long traffic riden drive or train ride.
You can do it all on the Hwy without much traffic.

After getting laid off from a 14 year job (high tech) I know what you went through. The first month off was nice with the separation package that I received. I was out of work for the better part of a year. Had to change careers at mid-life. Congratulations on the new job.

340fourspeedDuster said:
After getting laid off from a 14 year job (high tech) I know what you went through. The first month off was nice with the separation package that I received. I was out of work for the better part of a year. Had to change careers at mid-life. Congratulations on the new job.

Thanks!

I had the same deal... The first month or so was nice, then I started interviewing at a few places. Not all that seriously, though. After the 4th or 5th month I was starting to get a little worried and was starting to run out of money. Now I got something in the 6th month and have about a month of the severance left. So that kinda worked out. ;-)

-
Back