Got a new set of wheels!

-
I guess he is going for strike 3
1231_hysterically_laughing.gif

So, I rotated the tires today so that the 265's are in the back instead of the 255's. tomorrow I will install door hinge bushings so I don't have to lift up on the door to open it anymore lol

chucky take pics bud it may help some one

Hell! I gotta figure out how to get the old one out first! 2 1/2 pound sledge and a broken extension pounding on the bottom of the pin, and it ain't budged! I've used pb and lithium grease on it!

Attachments

• image-3266109655.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 111
  • image-3929093181.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 110
  • image-1584738621.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 114
that pin is pressed in. best thing is too mark the location of the hinge then take it off. rig you up a way to press it out using the weight of the truck with a floor jack , if you dont have a press. you can use a socket big enough for the head to sink into, while using the jack with another tiny socket to push it out... or something like that, you know, backwoods engineering LOL

Or just soak it down and walk away from it...soak it down for a few days before tackling it(brake fluid is a cheap penetrate)...I know the put that fat washer to adjust the door but when you do decide to try to take it out again...take that washer out and snug those 3 bolts back up,so at least that part of the hinge is secure. Hey if that pin is not wobbled out on the lower hinge why remove it...Maybe you just need to do the top one...

that pin is pressed in. best thing is too mark the location of the hinge then take it off. rig you up a way to press it out using the weight of the truck with a floor jack , if you dont have a press. you can use a socket big enough for the head to sink into, while using the jack with another tiny socket to push it out... or something like that, you know, backwoods engineering LOL

Well that explains a lot! I replaced the top one with ease! Lol this bottom one... Not so much...

Or just soak it down and walk away from it...soak it down for a few days before tackling it(brake fluid is a cheap penetrate)...I know the put that fat washer to adjust the door but when you do decide to try to take it out again...take that washer out and snug those 3 bolts back up,so at least that part of the hinge is secure. Hey if that pin is not wobbled out on the lower hinge why remove it...Maybe you just need to do the top one...

it doesnt appear that the pin is the problem from here. it looks like the hinge is just in a bad spot

The bushing is non existant. I pulled the final piece of it off the hinge the day I got the truck. It was just sitting up there chillin beside the pin lol

The top pin is tight

-
Back