Got a new set of wheels!

-
So you need a good used bottom drivers side hinge?
How big of a PIA is it to remove? Can you get the post side off without disassembling the truck?

So you need a good used bottom drivers side hinge?
How big of a PIA is it to remove? Can you get the post side off without disassembling the truck?

It doesn't appear to be an all day affair. I should be able to undo it from the door and then get to the post side with a decent amount of ease. Yes, a good door hinge would be awesome. Lance informed me as you may see above, that the pin is a press in type :banghead:

Ok. So I swapped out the door hinge, but have to pull the cluster to adjust the top hinge.

Any help with pulling the cluster would be appreciated.

I also replaced the cap and rotor....

Attachments

• image-3583178344.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 263
  • image-2120096016.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 251
Replacement taillights that I ordered 2 months ago finally showed up tonight. Will get picks after work

Here's pics of tail lights

Attachments

• image-2777588501.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 248
  • image-131570482.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 240
And here's my buddy Mac! Painted him black because the chrome was crap. I did leave a lol silver in his face to show his age. You can tell he's old! Hell he's got Greta and bald spots and even a little mange

Attachments

• image-3571618570.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 242
  • image-3901445398.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 240
Ok. Finally got a new door handle installed. Its the shiniest part of the darn truck! lol Gonna try to adjust the door again t work today since I have access to some air tools. Might get those bolts on the top hinge to break loose after all.

Attachments

• image-370585874.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 226
Yes I did. I got the door adjusted today at work. I'm missing something though. It closes easy, but not all the way. I'm gonna try moving the striker bolt out a tad and see what happens

Yeah it's easy to move the striker pin. You know how to do it?

Yup. I moved it out and up a little. It shuts completely now. Now I just need to tweak the door on its axis a bit more

Attachments

• image-3236700009.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 231
Looks like the bottom hinge needs a little more adjusting. It's looking better. BTW you have been moved to the resto forums

Looks like the bottom hinge needs a little more adjusting. It's looking better. BTW you have been moved to the resto forums

Both hinges need more adjusting I believe, but one at a time will give better results IMO.

I know. I talked to C about it earlier today. A mutual agreement was made that its better off there.

Both hinges need more adjusting I believe, but one at a time will give better results IMO.

I know. I talked to C about it earlier today. A mutual agreement was made that its better off there.

That I can understand since it is a driving project. you're doing what you can to improve it keep at it it will come together

I also pulled the little blueish things off the bulbs while I had the cluster out. Light was hardly making it through them. Now all I need are some red LED bulbs for it! :D

Yes. That is 3/4 of a tank of fuel at 59.3mi....

Attachments

• image-1253754605.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 228
Well it's a start. The valve covers are next.

Attachments

• image-1296978197.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 199
  • image-2949333654.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 183
Chuck what valve covers are you going to use? Because you can't see them with all that junk in the way.

Chuck what valve covers are you going to use? Because you can't see them with all that junk in the way.

I'm just going to paint the stockies. Just doing little things. To install aftermarket vc they would have to be tall profile. I installed reg chrome vc on rusty and the lifters hit them

Put one of these on each 1/4 glass

Attachments

• image-1855584888.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 189
Replaced plugs and wires today. One wire on the right bank was split open and a plug on the left bank had an electrode that was almost non existant

-
Back