got a new short block today

-

shiifty_dart

Reaction score
just went up to Springfield today and got my short block Ill post pics tomorrow all redone for cheap like 500 bones cant wait to get it together and get it in the car guy needed to get rid of it and I needed one so it worked out great. Ill keep you posted

stuff029.jpg

stuff030.jpg
is this hole supposed to be plugged?

here are some starter pics the crank has been ground .010 under new bearings obviously and it has been reringed and honed ( I checked the bore it was in spec) also came with a cam with the name of Doug Herbert

duration intake [email protected] 238
exhaust [email protected] 238

lift 480 intake and exhaust

lobe separation 108*

what do you guys think

I think you got a great buy.Yes that galley hole should be plugged.I assume it is a hydraulic camshaft?

Is that the 383 from Craigslist?

I was this close to buying that. LOL

I think you got a great buy.Yes that galley hole should be plugged.I assume it is a hydraulic camshaft?

thanks yeah its a hydraulic cam.

yeah it is the one off craigslist he also has an orginal 68 dart gts 383/4spd he is the orignial owner nice guy

You better make sure the other oil plugs are in it. there's one missing behind that timing gear. Prob. two missing there... I would take it apart and make sure it's ok. Looks like it's tossed together to sell. Should be fine, but now's the time to make sure.

I will definitely be checking it over I don't want any nasty surprises I didn't see the plug missing til I got it home yesterday I am going to plastigauge all the bottom end and check all the oil plugs are in place.

thanks I just ordered my how to build bb mopar book I hope it has bearing clearances I lost my truck book it had what I needed about bb so well see, if anyone knows the rod and main tolerances feel free to share them.
thanks shiifty

-
Back