Got ambitious yesterday

-

Rob R

Reaction score
Finally got to the clutch yesterday and after that I figured it's time for a change,I figure a low deck of some kind.
Haven't decided entirely on what engine combo is going back in but one thing is for sure the Jerico is going back in...that 833 might be quiet but it's way too heavy to be slung in and out once I start to drive the GTX again...

gtx1.jpg

Pettyblue...

That rb is a 515ci stroker...It's a really nice one but I built it using the numbers block.
I had to get a new appraisal on the car so I put the numbers drive train in it and painted it the 68 turquoise.
It makes 730 hp at the flywheel...I just never felt right when I was beating on it compared to when I had the low deck in it.
Even though it had all the right stuff...billet main caps..indexed lifter bushings..billet rods with arp2000 screws..red zone roller lifters...all the best parts..I still never pushed it to the ragged edge like I do with all my other engines.
So I think I'm going to build a pump gas low deck this time around and beat it to death without the fear of loosing a numbers matching block like before.

gtx2.jpg

gtx3.jpg

gtx4.jpg

gtx5.jpg

-
Back