got an 8.25 ?

-

dodgeboy

Reaction score
A buddy of mines is fixing up a jeep Cherokee he is gonna swap the axles out he says his has 8.25 rear end in it is this the same thing that were always lookin for or is a totally different animal

I *think* the later model 8-1/4 are different from the old ones but I'm not sure..

Could be a D-35, just look at it carefully they look similar

The changes were axles i believe in the jeeps, 96 i believe was the change

I think the splines on the axles changed. I used a trak-lok differential out of a jeep for my 8-1/4 build up. My 73 vintage axles fit that carrier, don't know what year jeep it was though.

The axle spline count changed in '96. The spline count doesn't really matter if you use the axle assembly does it? You're going to have to relocate the spring pads. Just make sure the axle isn't too wide before you get it. If you can, post up a picture.

i apreciate the feedback it belongs to a buddy of mine he is into the jeep wheeling thing[ive been tryin to get him onto for jeeps only].anyway he is swappin axles on his cherokee hes gonna pull the 8.25 out in the near future and he was wonderin if there would be any use for it when he pulls it.

-
Back