Got me another a-body!

-

metallidart

member me?
Reaction score
Darn craigslist....

Just traded my 1968 Chevy C10 SWB Stepside for a 1968 Dart! It has a 3" relocation kit installed, a complete and running 360 magnum, and an od 4-speed!

The underneath is really clean, but the quarters and front fenders are shot. Radio delete, 2dr post.

And yes, the truck needed alot of work.

Attachments

• 3r33I23Jb5s85q75t3d6u40b35e27d6901b66.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 372
Nice trade. I would think I should see you around with it, as I'm next door to you in Columbiana. I grew up in New Waterford.

Great trade! Heck, there's almost as much storage room in the trunk as there is in a stepside bed anyway! Lol! Enjoy.

Well Look at you go :cheers: A good move in my opinion, know you are a 1968 Dart owner :eek:ccasion:
Congratulations, I say the hard and costly work has been dun :glasses7:

Some more pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20130708_181008.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_20130708_181124.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_20130708_181243.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 255
My eye will be on the look out, The Grill, glass, hood and bumpers looks perfect.
The interior looks like it has stud the test of time Congratulations :colors:

My eye will be on the look out, The Grill, glass, hood and bumpers looks perfect.
The interior looks like it has stud the test of time Congratulations :colors:

Thanks memike! The interior is in great shape, radio and lighter delete, nice rubber mat. But...they caught the mint rear seat on fire welding in the relocation kit, so now it sports a green seat in the back.

That first pic you posted, I thought it was black.

Yeah hopefully I'll see you around. Should you need any assistance, just let me know. There are Mopar guys around the area, but I don't get out often enough to see them.

that is a trade up in my opinion and my fav year
have fun are u going to big block it?:finga::snakeman::cheers::evil:

Thanks! I have no clue what is in store for the car, but I think the immediate future has the 360 magnum and 4-speed, because that will be the cheapest way for me. I have a V8 k-member, a correct year sway bar, a set of 340 torsion bars stashed away that I can put to use. For the engine, I really just need an intake, headers, and maybe a bigger cam. For the trans, I need a bellhousing, clutch/pp/flywheel, shifter, and hump. Although, I have an extra 904 sitting here so I might even do that for now.

The rear has to be finished, they welded in the relocation kit but just took a 91 explorer rear, set it on the perches, and tightened the ubolts so they could put it on the trailer. I may keep it in there, or, if my darn check would get here, I found an awesome deal on an 8.75 rear locally!

Nice trade. I like the looks of the two door post cars.

I always have too, but I wasn't sure what I thought of this one at first. The more I tinker with it, the more I like it! Especially since it is fairly non-molested. A new rear seat cover and some small odds and ends and the interior is liveable. Good front fenders and some metal handiwork in the rear, and it can be painted pretty easy.

With the truck, the stepside fenders were shot, bed wood shot, but I gave it away with a front disc assembly, a rebuilt 400 sbc, rpm intake, new headers, th350., tubular crossmember, etc. So, it was a fair trade lol. At least, I will keep telling myself that!

Some more pics, I really like the lower dash pad!

Attachments

• IMG_20130708_181022.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20130708_181133.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 134
Very cool car Dustin!! Good to see you have a fun new project.

Thanks!

I've done some planning/thinking about this build. Here it goes.
-this will be the lucky recipient of my 422, and the magnum will go in my dart sport.
-this build will be old school and fun!
-it is getting the automatic, and my sport will end up with the 4-speed stuff.

-
Back