Got my 340 home

-

'73red-duster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
O:) I finally picked my 340 up. It's going in my '73 Duster. Haven't tore it down yet,but is supposed to have the top side done. 3 angle valve job (j heads) and mopar purple shaft cam.(not sure on specs) Have to do the bottom,but won't know what all,until apart. It is supposed to be a '72 motor,but it is turquoise,instead of blue. I've heard Chrysler was notorious for using whatever paint they had in the shop that day,but thought maybe someone could verify the #'s for me. Side of block 2780930 340 front of block
3 6201. :love4: I love my 2 a-bodies. Thanks,Dave

On one side of the block it has the casting #'s that you found and on the other side it should have a date code just below the deck rail casted into the block just as the casting # and it should also have a time code and a D or N and a arrow pointing to one of them. This tells you the day, month, and year that the engine was casted and the clock with the D and N tells you what time it was casted and day or night shift.

Thanks BJR. Sept. 28,71. So it is a '72 motor. Isn't the proper color blue? :scratch:

-
Back