Got my car to the track with new motor

-

DJVCUDA

Reaction score
I just spent all winter installing a new motor in my 66 cuda - and friday i got the chance to take it to the track, I ran with exhaust and then opened my cutouts - they were goot for 8/10ths WOW!!!

Here are my 2 best timeslips and a short vid of the slower of the 2 runs..

I beat a slowmaro in the vid!!

I am car 205

normal_timeslips%206-18-05.jpg

right click and save as to watch video... :

Video wouldn't play for me.

What motor did you put in the car? Very nice reaction time .085.
respectable ET also:thumbrig:

setup:
360 std bore
kb 107's .020 in the hole
stock rods
stock 1.88 / 1.60 heads
mopar 474 / 280 cam
jacobs omni coil
edelbrock street tunnel ram
2 vac sec 390 holley's
milodon valley pan
mopar 175k converter
904 with b&m transpack
3.23's with a 245/60/14 street tire( 25" tall)
super stock springs
/6 t bars
kyb's on all 4 corners
trunk mounted battery

the clip works on my windows media player.... i got the clip off my buddy....?

You should be able to sneek into the 12's with a bit of tuning.
Video didn't work here either. I'll try it when I get home.
I saw pictures of your cutouts, very nice job.
I need to figure a way to do that on mine, and not cut down the size at the collector adapter.

I'm hoping to tune 3 10ths out of it - i'll try a set of 4 hole spacers first...

I had great traction with the street tires, till i left over 2 grand.. then the spun for a 13.7 @102

normal_DSC02582.jpg

nope - 10 year old usa-1 street radials.. 245 60 14's with 32 lbs of air...

you bet! - i left the line and the car pulls with the tunnel ram, but i cant leave over about 16-1800 rpm, at 2000 she spins for about a car legnth.

my 13.4 run i left at 1200 rpm
my 13.3 run i left at 1500 rpm..

i have open spacers under the carbs now and with a 1.94 60' - i was wondering if i am walking that fine line already with traction, or will a set of 4 hole spacers help with 60' and et.. i understand the carbs signal will be stronger, and therefore i should get more of a punch, but here comes that fine line on street tires...

i must admit it's a fun problem to have, 3 10ths away from a 12 second 3.23 street tire car.. that i will make a 2 hour ride to carlisle in!

DJVCUDA said:
the clip works on my windows media player.... i got the clip off my buddy....?
It works fine on my home computer. Might need the upgraded media player to see it.

Car would probably really fly with some 4.10 gears and good tires. Probably go easiley into the 12's
Especially with the tunnel ram. Those things like the rpm's, I've heard.

Watch/ LISTEN to the video. It sounds like it's getting draged down before it starts winding up.
Where were you shifting it at? What stall converter is in it?

i have a 175k mopar converter in it.... the 3.23's are definately holding it bavk - BUT i get to drive it 2 hours to carlisle!! i might try a set of 4 hole spacers first and keeps whittling away at 12's with 3.23's... pretty cool.. I never would have thought it would run that good.

My first run i shifted at 6500 - the second at 6000 and i got the better time with the 6000 shift - i guess the cam is done at 6 grand!

-
Back